Thinking Up Baby Names

Sonics pov

I walked into the kitchen to find my husband writing something into a notepad. He was so focused on whatever it is he was writing that he didn't see me sneaking up behind him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck "what you writing baby?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled "oh just some ideas for baby names"

"and your doing it without me" I mock gasped.

"sorry. I just figured you wouldn't be very good at picking names" he scratched his cheek awkwardly.

"what's that supposed to mean?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"I mean that if I let you name our kid then they'd most likely be bullied at school" he said bluntly.

Oww my pride!

"oh come on let me have a go" I sat up on the table.

"fine I'll hear you out" he folded his arms "if we had a boy what would you name him?"

"bb" I said confidently "it can stand for big boss!"

"nope!" he said quickly "absolutely not"

"what! BBs a cool name!" I argued.

"we're naming our child sonic not a dog!" he glared at me.

"fine then what name would you choose?" I shot back.

"hmm" he tapped his pencil on the table deep in thought "I was thinking if we had a girl we could call her mira. It's short for miracle which she would definitely be"

"ok I gotta admit that's pretty cute" I muttered in defeat.

He smiled proudly "just leave the naming to me. You can sort out the baby room and stuff if that makes you feel better"

"leave it to me!" I gave him a salute before taking off running to the nearest shop.

I'm going to need some help if I want to pull this off. Luckily I know just who to ask!