63

"I'm losing way too many shirts of mine at your place." Iwaizumi had mentioned offhandedly as he was folding Oikawa's laundry while the latter was sitting on the bed and looking at the younger man with hearts in his eyes.

"Move in." Oikawa had replied simply with a grin and Iwaizumi looked at him as if he had gone insane.

"What?"

"What?"

". . . What do you mean move in?"

He crossed his legs and pretended to be in thought, "hm... as in you pack your stuff and bring it here so we can live together."

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes as he folded another pair of pants, dropping it on the bed, "I know what moving in means."

"Really? Do you?"

"Oikawa." His tone was warning.

"Sorry." Oikawa's voice was playful.

He thought about it.

Oikawa's morning voice was something he had gotten used to. On the days he didn't stay at Oikawa's, it seemed as if something was missing in the morning.

The way Oikawa held his big cup of coffee in the morning and scrunched his nose up at the steam was the highlight of Iwaizumi's day.

He missed it on the days he didn't stay at Oikawa's.

Leaving the bed at night to go to his own place was so deeply painful that Iwaizumi wanted Oikawa to absorb him so they could always be together. 

"Okay," he nodded.

"Yeah?"

"Yes." Iwaizumi had smiled.

Fast forward a few weeks later, Iwaizumi had settled in perfectly. Into their home and in Oikawa's arms.

"Awake?" Oikawa nuzzled his face into the curve of Iwaizumi's neck.

"No, dead."

Oikawa smiled, bathing in contentment. He pulled Iwaizumi even closer to himself.

"I missed you."

"I'm right here."

"I always miss you." Oikawa kissed his neck.

"I'm always here, Tooru."

"Hmm." He hummed in his neck, kissing the spot again, "do you want a kid?"

Iwaizumi whipped his head so fast he head butted him, "what the fuck?"

He blinked. Surely it was not that surprising right? . . . Right?

Iwaizumi blushed, a glare his place still. He shook his head as his face got redder. Pulling the covers over himself, he faced away from Oikawa.

Oikawa blinked again in confusion.

"You're an idiot. . .," came the muffled whisper.

Slipped his arms around Iwaizumi, he hugged him from the back, "do you not want kids?"

"Oh my god I'm going to kill you."

Oikawa slung a leg over him, "not even one?"

"I'm 24. . ."

The lightbulb clicked in his head, Tooru went quiet.

Iwaizumi was . . . Young. Sure he was too but 29 seemed good to have a kid at. When he pictured his future, Oikawa had always assumed that by 30 he'd be married with a kid and a nice spouse. That was the plan.

He had never expected . . . this

He had never expected that Hajime. . .

"Do you not want them?" He asked in a light voice.

Iwaizumi turned around to face him now. Then they were lying side by side, facing each other.

"And If I don't want them? Would you stay with me?"

"Yes." Oikawa said in a heartbeat.

The other man's face was immediate surprise.

Which was so fucking funny. Because really? What did Iwiazumi expect. 'I can't be with you because you don't want kids' Oikawa almost wanted to laugh out loud at the excuse.

Iwaizumi was everything to him. Iwaizumi meant the world to him—

"You're an idiot."

Oikawa tried smiling. He was sure it looked like an awkward one, "yeah, maybe."

Iwaizumi was smiling too as he leaned forward to kiss him on the mouth, soft and chaste.

"I love you, Hajime-chan."

Iwaizumi's smile turned into a grin, "softie."

"You are!"

"Nah, it's all you— woah-hey," some laughter, "get— get off me, oh my god."

Oikawa cuddled him.

They lay there in silence for a few minutes. Him on top of Iwaizumi and Iwaizumi's arms wrapped around of him firmly.

Oikawa head was on the other's chest. Calm and relaxed heartbeat was quiet in his ear. He wondered how he got so lucky.

"I love you more." He felt Iwaizumi's breath somewhere in his hair, "and . . . I don't think I'm ready yet."

"That's alright, Iwa-chan." Oikawa smiled to himself.