45

Chapter inspired by 'you're all I want' by cigarettes after sex. Please listen before or as reading <3

(CW: slight nsfw but like... Sad)

(nothing is described explicitly)

-

One minute they were in the corridor, staring at each other's tearful faces and the next, in Oikawa's bedroom.

It was cold but the snow falling outside wasn't as horrible as Iwaizumi felt.

He breathed out shakily, hands balled up in fists at his side. His nails dug in his palms but it wasn't nearly as painful as watching Oikawa dropped on his own bedroom floor.

He had gotten to Oikawa little later because of his father. It went something like this:

Iwaizumi saw Oikawa back up and run away. When he made to follow, his father grabbed the back of his coat.

Iwaizumi's wide and panicked eyes snapped towards him.

Hotaru blinked at him, he appeared rather shocked, ". . . oh don't tell me."

Iwaizumi snatched himself free from his father's hold, "I can't do this anymore."

Hotaru gulped and when he spoke, his voice came out horrified as if he hoped his own words were false, "you love him."

He didn't say anything. There was nothing to say. Nothing to deny.

". . . You're in love with him."

"That's right."

His father pursed his lips, "why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" He scoffed loudly, "you said no one will ever love me more than you. This is what you call love? Lying to me all my life?."

"Hajime . . . I'll do anything for your forgiveness. For a second chance." His father's voice was pained, "I can't lose you, son— I love you—

"Oikawa—

"He'll leave you. He'll leave you once he's done. I know that—

"You don't know anything!" He shouted because how dare he. How dare his father question Oikawa's unconditional love for him.

Hotaru remained quiet then a few tears fell, "I'll do anything for your forgiveness—

Iwaizumi left him hanging mid sentence, chasing after Oikawa. When he reached the basement, Oikawa's car was already gone.

Oikawa wouldn't buzz him up to the penthouse when he reached the hotel.

Iwaizumi called Uki for the password.

He blinked his tears away, looking down at Oikawa slumped down on the floor now, a few alcohol bottles around him, carelessly knocked down.

Iwaizumi stared at the liquid dripping down on the floor all around Oikawa.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Oikawa sniffled and curled up further into a ball.

"It wasn't all a lie," Iwaizumi fell to his knees in front of him. The alcohol seeped through his pants, soaking them, but it didn't matter, "my feelings weren't a lie."

Oikawa tilted his face to look at him. His eyes were full of hurt and eyelashes wet. His voice was raspy when he spoke, "how . . . how could you do this to me?"