Chapter 18- Something sinister

The next time you woke up it was to a nightmare again. But you didn't want to wake up Anakin, so you tried to be quiet. It had been about the green guy torturing you and you really didn't want Anakin asking you about it. Your breathing had become heavy, your limbs were shaking, and you were sweating like a madman. You were a madman, or madwoman to be specific.

You kept on trying to calm you breathing but it was like the air wasn't getting to your lungs. You began to panic and your head was rocking back and forth. Anakin was sleeping peacefully beside you in the white chair but it was dark now and you couldn't make out everything. That just stressed you out more. 

He could be hiding in the shadows, waiting for you to be vulnerable. You closed your eyes and shook your head constantly. Get out! Get out! You were hitting the side of your head and your breathing just kept on speeding up.

"Y/n?" Anakin's deep sleepy voice startled you and made you realize what a ruckus you were causing. You were frozen in place but it was better than almost hurting him, like last night.

"Go back to sleep, please. I didn't mean to wake you." Your throat hurt and the truth was you wanted him awake. He was better at comforting you than anyone else. 

"No, no, no. It's fine, I'm up. I'm here for you."

He reached over and grabbed your hands which laid in your lap. He rubbed his thumb in circles on the back of your right hand. Your breathing was still fast but you felt like it would slow down.

"It's okay, I'm here now. They can't hurt you."

His words were calming you by a fraction at a time. But your breathing was still pounding.

"Just listen to my voice, feel my hands." His voice was soft and sleepy. His hands felt like two different temperatures and that's when you remembered what happened when you were kidnapped.

Your rolled up his right sleeve to see a black metal arm. It had gold details and he looked ashamed of it. He almost went as far as pulling his hand back. But you were fascinated by it, you bent his fingers and smiled at the way it moved so freely. You twisted it around to see every aspect of it as Anakin laughed at you.

"What?" You asked in between slow breaths.

"Nothing, your just cute when you're intrigued."

You smiled, he called you cute. 

"Thank you."

You weren't sure he would know that you were thanking him for helping you. But he seemed to get it.

"No problem, angel."

You laid back down still holding one of his hands. You laid on your side and it didn't hurt, there was pain killers in your IV as well as a drug to help your recovery process. You cuddled his human hand as your eyes drifted shut. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n?" 

You got tangled up in your blanket as you tried to jump up. So, your body ended up falling back over like a bag of rice. There was a hand lying next to you and you grabbed it tightly.

"Y/n! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. It was stupid to wake you up like that, I'm really sorry."

Anakin ranted as you opened your eyes. You looked at him in his panicked state and smiled. It was alright, he shouldn't have to be sorry.