Chapter 24- Found Family

"Kenobi here, Anakin have you reached Tatooine yet?"

The ship rocked, "Almost, but we ran into some old-"

"Anakin, did you get shot down again?"

Anakin didn't respond so you leaned over, "Yes."

"The ship is too slow. I haven't had time to modify it yet." Anakin was looking at you with a smirk for rating him pit to his Master.

"I'm still cleaning up your other mess, but I'll get there." Obi-Wan disappeared.

"So much for reinforcements," Anakin muttered and then paused, "Hang on! This landing could get a little rough!"

Fire burned the side of the ship and Auren said, "Crashes are rough, landings are not."

"Then it's a crash landing."

The ship rattled as it came closer to the sand Anakin loved so much. It hit the terrain with such force you were all flung forward a bit. The front window was covered in sand and borrowed underneath it. Standing up, everyone walked to the back. Ashoka had Stinky and Auren was right next to her.

Ashoka got to the back door first, "Welcome home, Stinky."

"Jabba's palace is on the far side of the Dune Sea," Anakin walked up next to Ashoka. He kneeled for her to put the Huttlet on his back, "We'd better hurry if we're going to make it by morning."

Anakin force jumped off the platform, landing on one knee. You did the same but much less aggressively, landing on both feet. Ashoka and Auren just jumped off without the force and landed crouched down. 

R2 stuttered, not wanting to leave the ship.

"Oh Artooie, it's just endless tracts of gritty, abrasive sand," Auren comforted, "We'll clean your servos later. Come one."

R2 used his thrusters and jumped off. Walking to the left of Anakin, Ashoka and Auren were behind you walking with R2.

Ashoka started to get closer to Anakin, "Master Yoda has this saying 'Old sins cast long shadows.' Do you know what he means by that?"

"It means your past can ruin your future if you allow it. But you forget, it was Master Skywalker who said, 'I don't want to talk about my past."

"Okay, fine. There's so much more we can talk about here. Like the sand."

"The desert is merciless, it takes everything from you."

That was weirdly poetic.

"That's a happy thought," Auren mumbled.

Ashoka asked, "It won't take us Master, right Artooie?"

R2 beeped positive thoughts.

As you continued to walk, the two suns began to set. The larger one was almost halfway down and the sand glowed a burnt orange.

"We're not alone," Auren whispered as she stopped next to you.

"I can sense it, too."