Chapter 30- Running for Gold

Anakin. Anakins in there. Anakin could be hurt.

All you could think about as you run into the burning building was Anakin. He was in there. Sirens sounded around you as the emergency services  helped the people around and right inside the building. You had told Satine to stay there and you ran past the people outside, but everything was a blur. You had yelled, "I'm a Jedi, I'm here to help!" as they tried to stop you.

When you got inside you sprinted up the smoky stairs. Anakin was on the highest floor without the Chancellor and that's where the speeder hit. While spinning, the speeder crashed into the top of the building flying through windows.

You kept on running even though your lungs burned and your eyes watered. You kept on running even though you could barely feel Anakin anymore. You kept on running even though your heart was in as much misery as your throat.

Eventually, you made it up to the top floor and it was a mess. Everything was thrown around and almost everything was broken. As you stopped in the doorway you realized people had followed you up. People as in Obi-Wan. He looked into your eyes and you could tell he was as pained as you.

Though right inside the room was the Chancellor, standing perfectly unharmed. You don't know how you missed him before he was standing right there. You ran toward him yelling,

"Chancellor? Chancellor are you alright?"

He whipped around and was surprised to see you, "Yes, yes I'm fine," he coughed, "Anakin, he saved me. He sensed it and through me back while throwing himself in front of me."

You stood there in shock, not of Anakins actions but of reality. He must be been badly injured.

"Is he in this rubble?" You pointed to what Palpatine was standing by.

"Yes, yes I believe so."

"Master Obi-Wan, please escort the Chancellor out of the building."

"Y/n-"

"Obi-Wan."

He nodded to you and then the Chancellor. Palatine followed him out of the room and you started to dig at his desk. You used the force to throw rubble out of the way, it didn't matter the room was trashed. Eventually, you found a hand and it was cut with small pieces of glass.

You continued to throw pieces off of him until you saw his entire body. He had been destroyed by the explosion yet you flipped him over and kneeled next to him. You felt for a pulse, but nothing, you listened for breathing, but nothing.

Crying, you tried to give him CPR. Even though the tears clouded your vision you saw the small cuts across his body and the rags he now wore. Obi-Wan walked back into the room as you placed your hands on either side of his face.

"Wake up," You pleaded unsteadily, "please."

Closing your eyes, you prayed. To anyone or anything that would listen. You begged for him to wake up, you begged for him back, you begged to see those bright blue eyes one more time. Now your hands felt as though they were vibrating and your head began to hurt. Yet, you kept your eyes closed.

You kept your eyes closed until you heard shuffling. You thought it was Obi-Wan but as you opened your eyes. Anakin awoke beneath you. Your hands gleamed golden as Anakin opened his eyes.