Chapter 20- Master Kryze

You stood outside the door to the council room with your master. She was right over your shoulder as you reached to press the button. Anakin said he would be here when you were done but you had to go in with only your master. Once you pressed the button Master Kio almost pushed you in. She didn't get nervous like you, she always told you to just jump in.

"Welcome back." Master Windu greeted. 

All of the members of the Jedi Council, including Obi-Wan and Plo-Koon, stood in front of their chairs. Although, Master Yoda was standing on his. They all had their lightsabers ignited and they illuminated the dark room with greens and blues with a hint of purple. You walked into the center of the room glancing around at everyone.

"As I told you earlier we have decided something for you." Master Windu looked at Yoda who you could've sworn smirked.

"Only 17, you are but ready you are also. Granted, mastership will be."

You turned towards Master Kio who had ignited her blue saber. She walked toward you but you turned to Yoda.

"If I may, why am I becoming a master?"

Your master's footsteps stopped behind you and Master Yoda tilted his head.

"Killed a Sith, you have. Ready for anything, you are."

You bowed your head even though you didn't agree. You shouldn't have killed that Sith and you didn't deserve to be a master because of it. Master Kio's footsteps resumed and you turned back toward her. She nodded her head and you got on one knee.

"By the tip of my blade, you seize being a Padawan." She cut your braid off swiftly, "You are now a master."

She deactivated her lightsaber and stepped back. You stood up and bowed your head in sync with her. You heard blades retract as the lights came on. You turned towards Obi-Wan who was smiling and he bowed his head to you. You bowed as well and Master Windu cleared his throat.

"Dismissed, Master (y/l/n)."

That's not my last name.

You knocked the thought from your head and bowed your head once more. You left and Master Kio stayed in the room, smiling as you left. She didn't smile often but maybe today was a good occasion. Anakin couldn't call you a Padawan anymore in fact, you became a master younger than he had.

Once you were out of the room, you saw him sitting on the bench by the door. He stood up and smiled, of course he knew what happened. You jogged to him and jumped in his arms. He hugged you tightly and spun around. Then he whispered in your ear,

"I'm so proud of you." 

Your hold on him tightened as you grew more excited. He set you down and you were smiling.

"I became a master younger than you had." 

"Only by a day! You turn 18 tomorrow!"

"I do?"

"Yeah, and I became a master like a whole month ago."

"Still." That's all you said when the masters started to walk out of the council room. It started with Obi-Wan and Kio then Plo-Koon and a couple of others. You smiled at them and they walked toward you.