Chapter 37- A Dark Twist

~Still Anakin's POV~

"Hi girls. Miss me?"

Auren and Ashoka stared at her with wide eyes.

"Master?" Auren asked as she crept closer.

"Yes and no," Y/n glided toward them as if she was a phantom, "Take another guess."

Now she was over their shoulders and they both jumped.

Ashoka tilted her head, "What happened?"

"I'm better now, he made me better."

"Who?" I asked and she smiled over at me.

Then she slid over so she was right in front of me. Her hand caressed my cheek, it was deathly cold. Her eyes looked up at me and I could see the pain hidden. Then she saw me staring into her eyes and she jumped back. The woman I love is in there and I will get her out.

"The Son," Her hand came off my face, "He's more powerful than any of you will ever be. He knows the secrets of the dark side."

"This isn't you, you can snap out of it!" Auren was right behind her.

"Oh but it is. I am so much stronger now," She laughed demonically, "He saved me when you couldn't."

Y/n played with a strand of Auren's hair as tears filled her eyes. She blamed herself for this and Y/n knew it. She drifted away and stood on the fountain, facing the water. The girls stood next to me with tears sliding down their cheeks. I wasn't crying, but I was closer than I had been in a while.

"He'll let me die if you don't do what he asks."

"Y/n, I'll do whatever it takes to save you. What does he want?"

She turned around and smiled, "He wants you to stay here."

I froze and the girls looked up at me. I couldn't stay here, Y/n had told me she didn't want me to. But I couldn't let her die, not here, not now, not ever. I would have to stay,

"I'll do it-"

"Master, no." Ashoka grabbed my arm with her voice barely audible.

"I have to, Snips, I can't let her die."

Auren walked up to Y/n and grabbed her left hand while Y/n judgementaly stared at her.

"This is you," She whispered as she ran her fingers over the ring, "You can snap out of it, you can come back to us."

Her pleading voice only made Y/n laugh and swipe her hand away. In the process, she threw Auren across the courtyard and into the wall.

"Auren!" Ashoka and I had yelled at the same time.

She slipped down the wall and fell to her side. Her eyes stayed closed as blood dripped from her mouth. Even though I could still sense her, I was terrified. She was in a fragile state and if something happened, she could die. If Y/n came back and knew that she killed Auren, I don't know what would happen.

Ashoka had run toward her but was stopped only a few feet away. She floated a few inches off the ground and yelled,

"Let go of me! I need to help her!"