Chapter 42- Wakey Wakey

~Obi-Wan's POV~

As Jedi, we aren't supposed to have attachments. And I've always been one to follow the rules. But that didn't stop me from caring about the young woman in a coma. She's like a daughter to me. I truly care about her, and Anakin, and Ashoka, and Auren. Even though I'm not supposed to.

I hadn't slept, I hadn't sat, I have just been standing for longer than I care to keep track of. Kix told me to get some sleep, I nodded, he knew I wouldn't. But I'm proud of Anakin. If the same thing had happened a few weeks ago, he wouldn't have left this room. Much like I am right now. I'm proud of him for taking care of the girls. When I know he wants to be here, comforting her.

That's probably why I haven't left, someone's gotta be here when she wakes up. But that will be a while. Only the droids work on her now. They take blood and put it in machines. They wrap her abdomen in gauze, as well as a few other scrapes. Kix comes by to check on her often. He definitely knows that her and Anakin are more than friends. Sometimes I hear the clones refer to her as 'The Generals Lady'. It's sweet.

Now it's night, and I can't hold myself up any longer. I sit down in a chair across from her window. And I sleep.

~24 hours later~

I open my eyes to the same window. The same girl and droids behind it. But a different man standing in front of it. Anakin is watching in with his arms crossed. He's slouching down, his hairs a mess, and his clothes are wrinkled. It's dark in the hallway, like when I went to sleep.

"So you're finally awake." He turned around and smirks at me. "You've been out for a while, Kix had to make sure you weren't dead."

"How long?"

"A day. She hasn't woken up, the girls are fine. They're getting better actually."

"Good." I stood up and walked toward the window.

"You know, you don't have to stay here. We can switch out."

He smiled and I turned to him, "When did you become so wise?" He chuckled.

"Master, trust me, I know how it feels to be waiting here for a long time. It takes a toll on you. And I bet the girls would love to hang out with you."

"I would like to see them as well."

"Well, they saw you this morning," He continued as we walked, "but you were asleep."

I chuckled quickly, "Seems there was quite the show this morning."

"Oh yeah, we brought everyone in. The whole 501st was here. Rex recorded it, we all took photos with you. He can show you the video if you'd like. Although, I am surprised your hair isn't still in that mohawk." I scoffed.

"I take back what I said about you being wise."

He faked offense, "Jeez, Obi-Wan. Maybe you need to sleep a little longer."

Shaking my head, Anakin opened the door to Y/n's room aboard the ship. It smelled like fresh vanilla and the girls sat on the floor playing a game. There was a little board with brown and white pieces in fun shapes. All relatively the same height, except for the ones in the front, and all on squares. They smiled as Auren moved a horse-shaped white piece.