Chapter 1: To Write or Not to Write?

******

My friends, who have known me for a long time, used to tease me and call me a health freak. Whenever I went shopping, I would always choose healthy products like high-calcium yoghurt, low-fat milk, and drinks with less sugar. I was so conscious about what I put into my body.

However, without even realizing it, I had forgotten about my healthy eating habits and ended up consuming excessive amounts of sugar over the years.

It all started three years ago, around March or April. I was in my sixth semester and had to do a four-month industrial training to complete my credit hours before graduating. Those four months were pure torture for me. I was under a lot of stress. During that time, I started neglecting my healthy eating habits and tried to cope with the pressure by eating non-stop. In addition to the carbohydrates I had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I also indulged in cookies, jellies, chocolates, nuts, ice creams, biscuits, and a jug of hot tea every day while I was working.

This habit continued until I started working at La Nona. I thought to myself, "If I can't find happiness in my work, at least these foods can make me happy."

Now, I know many of you might be wondering why I suddenly brought this up. The main reason I'm concerned is because my once-clear face has started breaking out. It takes a long time for the acne to heal, and the scars are incredibly difficult to get rid of. Could it be because of the sugar?

Some people claim that if the sugar content in our diet is high, it becomes challenging to eliminate scars. Is this a fact or just a myth? Can the sugar in one's diet dramatically increase in just three years? Ah! I need help!

Marina

13 October 2010

******

I was chilling at Dr. Love Cafe, engrossed in a blog post I was writing for my personal blog. Honestly, it wasn't the topic I initially planned to write about. When I fired up my computer, I had Zara Murad and Shazlin Shah on my mind. But I couldn't just spill the beans about these two ladies because I knew it would stir up some serious drama.

Zara Murad was the big boss at La Nona, a top-notch cosmetics and health company in Malaysia. Shazlin Shah, on the other hand, was her right-hand woman, the chief executive assistant and the second most important person in the company. I had been Shazlin's assistant for over two years, and throughout that time, I had this burning desire to spill the tea about Zara and Shazlin on my blog.

But every time I tried to put my thoughts into words, something held me back. Shazlin once warned me, "Marina, you can write whatever you want about me, but tread carefully when it comes to Zara. You know who she is, right?"