Chapter 33: Diva

Once we found out that Diana Sinclair had arrived in Kuala Lumpur, Daniel wasted no time in calling her management team to propose a meeting. We anxiously waited for three days before finally receiving a reply from them, and to our delight, they agreed to our request. They scheduled the meeting to take place at Hotel Vistana, and we were all pumped up for it.

But just two hours before the meeting, we got a call from her manager, crushing our excitement. Diana had some personal matters to attend to in Penang, so they had to cancel the meeting and reschedule it for the next day. We were disappointed, but we understood that life happens.

The next day arrived, and once again, we were let down. Diana had to leave for Singapore, again for some personal matter. However, she did offer to meet one of our representatives in Singapore, and they would cover all the expenses. But here's the kicker - her team requested a full biodata of the person who would be interviewing her (that's me!) and even a full picture of me, not just some boring passport photo. Daniel didn't hesitate, he agreed to their demands and provided all the necessary information.

A few hours later, they gave us the green light to come to Singapore. Daniel even promised to accompany me on this adventure.

One of Diana's associates contacted us to provide us with flight tickets to Singapore, and later another meeting was arranged. However, upon landing at the airport, we received yet another disappointing news. Diana had already left for Johor Bahru this time. Despite their apologies, we were picked up by her team and taken to a new meeting place, Hotel Seri Malaysia, Johor Bahru. Frustrated, I let out a long sigh, which Daniel noticed and tried to calm me down. I whispered to Daniel, "She better not do this again! Urgh..."

"Don't give up, Marina. Smooth sailing never made a skilled sailor," Daniel reassured me.

"I hope we get more than just a brief message from her!" I replied.

"The more information we receive, the more money we make," we both chuckled at the joke. The two photographers who accompanied us had fallen asleep in the car. It was a dull journey, travelling across the Johore-Singapore causeway during peak hours was no fun. Finally, a few hours later, we arrived at Seri Malaysia. In the lobby, Diana's assistant was waiting for us.

"Hi, I'm Aaron," he introduced himself. "Please come with me... Diana is waiting for you in her room. Oh, and by the way, only two people are allowed to enter, alright?"

I looked at Daniel, then at the two photographers who had come with us.

"So, what do you think, Daniel?" I asked.

"You and Rushdee. How about that?"

We both nodded in agreement and followed Aaron to Diana's room. I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of nervousness as we approached. I wasn't sure what to expect or how to act in her presence.

"During the interview, try not to be nervous," Aaron advised me before I entered the room. "Just think of her as your sister. She appreciates that."

"Hello," Diana greeted me casually, sitting on her bed and playing with her Blackberry.

"Hello," I replied, unable to contain my excitement. I extended my hand for a handshake, hoping to make a good impression.

"Could you please help me up?" Diana asked, immediately after shaking my hand. "It's so difficult to get up when you're already lying down." Without hesitation, I reached out and pulled her up, while Aaron was still in the bathroom.

Diana motioned for me to take a seat on the sofa. As I sat down, I caught a whiff of her fragrance lingering in the air. She was wearing a stunning hot pink dress with intricate scallop details. It was a departure from her usual media image, giving her a more feminine appearance.