𝒊. 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐭

CHAPTER ONE
rule number 9 !

"And that's me today," elle spoke once more, the girl basking in the sunlight as she rested on the pool chair. "savoring the last fleeting moments of summer at lee's totally awesome house. it's moments like this that make me wish things could stay this way forever"

suddenly elle's phone chimed, knocking the girl out of her daydream as she reached for her phone. "ew! perv!" elle laughed as she looked at the text warren had sent to everyone.

"hey, lee, guess what warren texted the entire school!"when she received no response, she began to look around for her best friend. "lee? lee?" suddenly he emerged running on the balcony.

"geronimo!" he was getting a running start for his jump into the pool. "oh no" elle's eyebrows furrowed as he jumped off, folding his body to cannonball. but ultimately unfolding and sliding into the water.

water flew everywhere as he fell in, elle unshielding herself as lee came up. "oh, my god! that was a good one!" lee laughed as he trudged through the water over to elle.

"that was a good one!" he agreed, pushing himself up and out of the pool. "here, come here, take a seat" elle ushered him over to sit across from her on the other pool chair.

"so, tomorrow, first day of school, the student council is expecting our dance club idea this week for the fall fundraiser. we're gonna be in trouble if we don't come up with something fast" elle explained to lee, the boy groaned at the noise.

the two definitely didn't even have a slightly developed idea for a booth.

"yeah" elle nodded her head before she heard footsteps approaching and turned her attention behind lee.

noah flynn walked in with marilyn evans right beside him. his shirt was slung over his shoulder, the rest of his football uniform still on as they walked through.. smoke?

marilyn was beside him, she had on tight spandex and one of noah's t-shirts. her fingers ran through her hair as she held her cheer shoes in her free hand.

"i know what you're thinking," elle's thoughts start up again "noah flynn and marilyn evans are stupid hot. but lee and i developed a list of friendship rules. lee was responsible for rule number nine, which specifically states "relatives of your best friend are totally off limits", ironically, seeing as he had a fat crush on marilyn two years ago, this was a really big one for lee."

"i guess it comes from living in the shadow of a high school legend".

the two had ran into each other on the way to the flynn house. she hadn't seen noah since the end of school, thanks to football camp and his hookups.

as elle saw noah lean down and talk in marilyn's ear before their eyes landed on lee and elle, she immediately reminded herself that her crush on him was gone. and rule number nine.

noah leaned back up before throwing his shirt, marilyn tossing her shoes with them before noah swung an arm over her shoulder and dragged her to the pool area.

"lee, you seen my athletic cup?" marilyn held onto noahs wrist that lay past her shoulder with both her hands. detaching one to wave at her sister.