𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐢𝐞𝐬

introducing ... new character.
nora belling !

BRIEF INTERLUDEsix years ago !

BRIEF INTERLUDE
six years ago !

   "NORA!" the coach of the dance team called out to the proud brunette who was currently practicing her jumps with her best friend, marilyn evans. the two young girls were clad in their performance clothes and stage makeup: white cowl neck halter dresses with bright pink cheeks and red lips. their similar brown hair tied in high ponytails, only differentiating from one's blonde streaks.

hearing her name, nora stopped what she was doing as she turned with a smile to face their coach. "marilyn," coach opal continued drawing the little brown eyed girl's attention as she came out from her leap.

"i wanted to ask if either of you girls would be interested in trying out for captain of the team next year?"

"look at that adorable little girl. the one with highlights, ugh she's so cute in her dress and ponytail. hi, that's me.. again. marilyn evans" the little girl smiled as she stood at nora's side, eyes wide at what their coach was saying.

"that little girl next to me is nora belling." the girl's blue eyes were wide as their coach basically gushed over the two being the best on the team, and how they could end middle school with a "boom" as a captain and go for it high school.

"also noah's ex girlfriend" the two girls turned to each other with large smiles before nodding enthusiastically at their coach.

"where do i start when it comes to me and nora..." two little girls ate ice cream at the beach while noah played football, one newly blonde and one's hair slightly darker than it used to be.

"we were friends once, best friends to be exact" the blonde smiled leaning on the blue eyes girl who was smiling. their friendship necklaces dangling.

"but things change" marilyn's eyes follow nora's which were resting on marilyn's best friend since birth, noah flynn, filled with infatuation. and marilyn couldn't help the way noah smiling back at someone other than herself put a very large damp on her mood.

"people... change" marilyn and nora stood giving each other scowls in the large mirrors as they warmed up for their team's dance class beside each other, which marilyn had ultimately made captain of whilst nora earned the title of co captain.

"and friendships end." marilyn and nora posed for a picture, first place trophies for a junior contemporary duet in their hands. the two girls held large smiles on their faces, highlighting their bright pink cheeks and red lips, as their free arms wrapped around one another. the second mrs. flynn's flash clicked for the last time the girls smiles dropped and they immediately distanced.