𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 , 𝒐𝒏𝒆

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
san diego !

   IT HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN TWO weeks since noah left for harvard, and the break up and no contact had gotten easier for marilyn

IT HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN TWO weeks since noah left for harvard, and the break up and no contact had gotten easier for marilyn. she's been getting closer with nora again and getting to know malia, who she loved.

come to find out the two would actually be attending universities in san diego as well. nora ironically would be going to UCSD with marilyn for psychology and dance, and malia would be at USD for education and business.

"elle and tuppen! come help us!" mr. evans shouted through the house as he and marilyn lifted boxes from the kitchen into her new infiniti SUV; a graduation gift.

marilyn was ready to get driving to san diego, she had said goodbye to all the lee, mrs. and mr. flynn the day before and was just left goodbyes with her family.

she was in her road trip outfit and had her car set up perfectly; she was wearing a basic los angeles t-shirt, a sports bra under for when she was over the shirt, with leggings and slippers, her hair flowing down her shoulders. her car was filled with snacks for her, her cup holders containing the coffee from nora and malia, lip balm, water and a bag of hair ties.

solo road trips were truly her favorite.

the backseats were down as she shoved boxes in, she would be renting a small beach house off campus with malia and nora; they'd start a search for a fourth roommate when they got down to san diego.

a black camry pulled up by the side of their house honking, coming to a stop and malia and nora hopping out with smiles.

in malia's hand was a tray of four coffees.

"for you, elle, and your dad" malia said, handing each respective person their drink.

"sorry, tuppen, we didn't know you were here!" she said as she went back and grabbed her coffee from the car, nora cringing at his presence immediately feeling bad she didn't bring him a coffee.

tuppen shrugged it off though, ensuring them he wasn't a "coffee guy" anyways. his arm wrapped around elle as she drank the coffee and sighed in bliss.

"you guys are angels" she said, a hand on her heart jokingly. nora blowing her a kiss before the two began helping with the boxes. they would be driving behind marilyn in nora's car.

"sorry, guys, we can head off soon i just have a few more boxes!" marilyn assured as she set her coffee in the car and went back to moving boxes.

"no problem, m" nora reassured the blonde.

nora was dressed in a UCSD crewneck and spandex with converse, her hair in a slicked back ponytail. malia adorned a nike hoodie and leggings, slides and a messy bun completing her look.

soon enough the car was loaded up and everyone was saying their goodbyes. malia and nora had hopped back into nora's cars to let marilyn say goodbye to her family.

she went to elle first, pulling her from tuppen and wrapping her in a tight hug. the girl immediately reciprocated, not prepared to see her sister go.

"i'm gonna miss you so much, mar" she spoke into her shoulder causing marilyn to squeeze her tighter.

"i'm always a phone away, ellie belly" she kissed her sister temple repeatedly as they swayed for a second before finally letting go. tears in both their eyes causing them to laugh.

tuppen and marilyn shared a quick side hug before he held elle once more, comforting her as she looked at marilyn sadly.

the blonde made her way to her baby brother who looked like he was on the verge of tears and immediately scooped him up.

"i can't leave my babyyyy" marilyn dragged out dramatically as brad didn't even attempt to escape her hold, just hugging her tightly. he definitely wasn't prepared to see her go either.

"do you have to go, lynnie?" she laughed lightly as she hugged her brother tighter.

"you know i'm going to come visit you all the time brad" she reassured him, messing with his curly brown hair.

"i love you braddy" she said placing a kiss on his cheek that he wiped in disgust, making her laugh as she moved to her dad.

he was holding in tears and quickly pulled marilyn into a hug.

"you go be the star i know you are, marilyn. i'm so proud of you" the words brought the biggest smile to the blonde's face as she hugged her dad tightly. "i love you so much, marmar"

"i love you more, dad" after a moment he kissed her temple before he let her go.

marilyn walked over to her car, looking at her family with sad eyes before hopping into her car. she started the car up, waving and yelling goodbye with nora and malia before they pulled off and set for san diego.

marilyn smiled as the wind seeped into her car, blowing the free strands of her hair, which she had put into two loose braids. they had been on the road for about thirty minutes and were currently driving past the ocean.

as the miles stretched out before her, she smiled. she wasn't thinking about noah, the stress of the future she was approaching, nothing. she was in pure bliss as she let the sandy ocean air fill her lungs.

"oh but love grows where my rosemary goes and nobody knows like me..." marilyn hummed along with the radio as she smiled. looking over at the polaroids of her and her family in her car with a large smile.

the song blared loudly as her white car whipped down the empty streets, malia and nora in the camry right behind her singing their own song.

marilyn didn't know what was coming next, she didn't have a single clue. but she was ready.

"here we come, san diego!" she yelled out the window, nora and malia's similar chants following. her heart was full of hope and excitement, and with her mind set on self-growth and love, what could go wrong?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

AUTHOR SPEAKS
and that concludes kissing booth one!!!!

this is so unedited

I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE. TURN IT UP.

y'all don't understand how long i've been waiting to get this one OVER WITH. the writer's block was insane .

thank you so much for the support, this is not the end, marilyn and noah will be back. I LOVE YOU GUYSSS AHHH okay bye