𝒗. 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE
kiddo !

       Elle and lee now stood back in their favorite place, having a talk lee dreaded.

tuppen had stood up elle.

"is my butt too big?" elle asked as they danced with a lack of energy. "am i some sort of freak or something?" she asked with a sad look on her face.

"no! you're awesome, all right?" lee reassured his best friend "tuppen is just a dick. i don't know why me and mar told you to go out with him in the first place"

"maybe because he's the only guy that's ever asked me out" elle spoke, upset and left insecure over the situation. lee looked at her with wide eyes.

"stop it, all right? tuppen isn't worth it" elle sighed as lee tried to reassure her "you're way too good for him" elle gave him a meek smile.

"plus i heard he's got like, three nipples" he joked, trying to get the girl to smile. he was successful as she threw her head back with a large grin.

"just saying" elle then looked at lee again.

"thanks for doing this for me" the feeling that she had ruined his night with her glum weighed heavily on her shoulders.

"are you kidding me? i live for this shit" elle laughed when suddenly lee's eyes fell behind her. he walked off the machine and stood to block elle from tuppen's view.

"alrighty. hit the road. you had your shot. keep on moving, bud" tuppen looked at lee with pursed lips as he blocked the way to elle.

"i need to talk to elle" he spoke, lee's glare never faltered.

"lee, it's okay" elle said before, slowly, lee walked away. making a gesture at tuppen to show he was watching.

"so," elle sighed loudly as she stepped off the machine "running a bit late now, are we?" tuppen looked to the ground guiltily before looking back at elle.

"look, i'm sorry i stood you up" elle looked at him unimpressed. "i really did want to go out with you. i just thought you deserve a little bit of an explanation".

elle nodded as she crossed her arms. "that would be nice" tuppen took a deep breath before he began to speak.

"flynn... told me that it wouldn't be smart if i showed up for our date tonight" elle looked confused.

"noah?" tuppen confirmed elle's thoughts.

"yeah" elle scoffed as she looked at him in disbelief. "that literally makes no sense" her arms were on her hips as tuppen went to explain.

"it's true, and it's not just me. he's been going around telling all the guys not to ask you or marilyn out. for a while now" elle's face scrunched up.

"what?" she spoke exasperatedly as tuppen immediately regretted what he said.

"shit" elle now looked at him, that's why marilyn had never been on a date! she thought to herself.

"there's others? he's telling people not to ask marilyn out?" her eyes were narrowed as tuppen quickly spoke.

"you can't tell him i told you" elle looked at the curly headed boy with annoyance.