𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒅

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
point of view !

   ELLE AND LEE WERE WALKING along the pier, the duo newly reconciled after a round of dance dance revolution

   ELLE AND LEE WERE WALKING along the pier, the duo newly reconciled after a round of dance dance revolution. they had just danced their hearts out and, after a tortuous time apart, they spoke on their birthday party plans.

from afar, tuppen solemnly watched the girl who had so effortlessly stole his heart walk down the pier with a bright smile on her face.

lee wasn't the only one who had missed elle.

not to far away, noah and marilyn were walking alongside one another. noah's arm draped around marilyn's shoulder as they walked lazily beside one another. the taller boys head dropping down, muttering something that made the girl laugh and jokingly hit him in the stomach.

you couldn't even tell she had a secret that had her tightening her stomach and tensing her shoulders beyond comprehension.

an idea popped into tuppen's head at the sight of the two and he quickly made his way over to them, careful to not be spotted by elle.

prom was the next day and he needed to apologize and ask his girl to prom, fast.

"what's up, tuppen?" noah asked, confused as the large boy came towards him and marilyn.

"i need your guys' help" and so, after the two agreed to help—only really agreeing to see elle happy again—they set off on their plans.

noah was taking tuppen to the evans household to talk to mr. evans and they would be setting up a picnic for the two by the beach while marilyn would be getting flowers.

marilyn tied her hair in a lazy ponytail, strands flying around her freckled, slightly sunburnt face. she adorned a smile as she entered a florist shop, immediately being approached by a older woman with graying blonde hair and a kind smile.

"hello! welcome to petals and vines. what are you looking for today?" a smile grew on marilyn's face as she tucked the flying hairs away. she quickly remembered the types of flowers tuppen wanted for elle.

"hello.. i'm looking for some flowers for a friend. i was thinking something vibrant and bright. like, sunflowers? yellow roses, maybe" the two flowers came to thought as she remembered days her late mother took her and elle to flower gardens.

"sunflowers and yellow roses would be a beautiful arrangement. if you'd take some input, maybe we could add some daisies and yellow baby's breath?" the two woman walked through the flowers, picking up the flowers mentioned.

"i would actually love that! that would be great, if you could?"

the shorter woman gave a nod with a smile as she grabbed the baby's breath.

"i'll have the bouquet ready for you in a moment at the front" marilyn nodded as the woman walked away. she continued to walk through the flowers, her feet guiding her towards the peonies that she adored so much.