𝒙. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

CHAPTER TEN
noah !

       The fall carnival. it had finally arrived. marilyn found herself (unsurprisingly) at the flynn house. she was going to leave to help lee and elle with their booth.

she would stay and go with noah, but they had some weird, unsolved tension at the moment.

she was in the guest bathroom; she had taken a shower before she started getting ready. she had her hair in a towel as she looked at the outfit in front of her.

it was a large dark orange flannel she had stolen from noah, a black seamless bra top (QUICK A/N; SARAH CAMERON'S SHIRT IN THE LAST EPISODE OF SEASON TWO), and black jeans.

she quickly placed all the clothes on before letting her hair drop from the towel. she was going to let it air dry and do her makeup.

her makeup was natural; the typical base with black eyeliner on her waterline and a sharp wing. a dark pink/nude color on her lips and her eyebrows done precisely.

she then plugged in her blow dryer brush. her flat iron on the side for later. she put some heat protectant in her hair before turning the dryer on and beginning on her hair.

she brushed the front pieces in the opposite direction of her face before curling the rest forward, giving it a 90's blowout look.

she looked at the time and cursed before quickly plugging in her flat iron. she flattened the front pieces, tucking them behind her ears and securing it with bobby pins, and then curled the rest. brushing it out and throwing it around for a farrah fawcett appearance.

quickly, she unplugged the tools before spraying some setting spray on her face and leaving the bathroom that was pretty much hers.

she quickly put some black socks on before sliding on her black, platform converse, the socks slightly peeking out over the ends. she grabbed her phone and told lee to hurry to his car.

quickly, she placed in some chunky gold hoops and put a plain gold ring that matched noah's on her right ring finger. she grabbed her phone, stuffing it in her pocket, before quickly walking into the hall.

as she turned to leave down the hall she ran into someone. she grunted as she stumbled, almost falling before she was caught.

looking up she met eyes with her best friend. he had on a grey top with a leather jacket and black jeans. she quickly put space in between them as she smiled at him.

"hey, noah" she spoke, trying to ignore the feeling she felt when she saw his eyes rake over her.

"lena" he said making her look at her feet for a quick second.

"you going to the carnival early?" he asked looking down at her with a playful smirk that she returned, the space between them somehow seeming to get smaller.

"yeah, helping lee and elle set up..." she said as he nodded. he looked down at her with a more spaced out looked before he began to make his way past her.

"i'll see you there.." he spoke their hands brushing as she looked back at him, watching him leave. she watched him get further before he turned to look back at her.