• 50 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

Soon the doctor came and checked on Kaira. "How is she, doctor?" I asked promptly after the doctor was done with the check up. "There is nothing to worry about, Mr. Shekhawat. She might have fainted because of stress or lack of energy. Make sure she consumes a proper diet as she is pregnant. As you are the only elder here, she is all your responsibility." The doctor patted my shoulder before excusing herself.

Wait 'all my responsibility'?

I felt different. I felt obsessed, no wait..maybe protective. I was not supposed to feel all these feelings for Kaira and her unborn child. They are just my temporary responsibility. I should not feel like this. Fuck, no. No, this will be unfair for my baby.

My mind war of words was distracted by a phone call. I saw John's name on the screen.

I started "Hello?"
"U-Uh..hello boss! How are you? Hehe." I heard his tense voice.
He was trying to act normal but I knew something was wrong
"Spill it now, John." I ordered.
"W-What boss? What are you talking about? I called you to ask you about your vacation. I mean h-how are you all doing?" He said with a light chuckle.
I pinched the bridge of the nose"John, are you going to say it or shall I use my way to make you speak about it?"
He sighed,"It is never easy to hide anything from you. Actually we need you here. It's urgent. I-We need to inform you about something really really important. However, it is more important for you."
He was speaking in a very serious tone. It must be something urgent.
"Actually I won't be able to come sooner, the reason is Kaira. She is sick currently. But you don't have to worry I will leave in 2-3 days. Is that fine?"
"Oh..Okay boss. I hope Kaira gets well soon." He said.
"I hope so." I replied before hanging up the call.

I glanced at Kaira. She was sleeping peacefully under the duvet.

I kneeled beside the bed and rested my head on it,"Oh Kaira. How messed up you have made my life?"

In the same evening,
I prepared some oats porridge for her. She was awake after a good 5 hours rest. The humorous act by her after waking up was behaving like a crazy woman for food. I didn't realise how hungry she was until I placed a bowl of oats porridge in front of her.

I smiled seeing how she did not care about my presence and ate it as if she was hungry for the past hundred years. Not that I mind but she was looking heavenly cute with porridge at the corners of her mouth. Her tied hair was all messy along with a few strands falling on her face.

"Devansh. Where are you lost?" I was snapped out of my admiring session by Kaira's voice. She shouted at me. I went near her and helped her to get up,"Sorry. Here, let me help you." I took her to the bathroom and let her do her business,"Call me if you need something." That's all I said before collecting the plates and leaving the room.

I hope she stays normal as she was a few minutes ago. If she remembered things that had occurred a few hours ago, I might not be able to handle the situation.

I heard some crashing sound when I was about to walk into my baby's room. I promptly rushed to the source of the sound and found Kaira holding onto a table in her room. The flower vase shattered around the floor in tiny pieces. I supported her by her shoulder and made her stand still, almost leaning against me.

"Hey. Hey. What is it? What is it?" I queried, soon enough she started breathing heavily. Her red teary gaze met mine. I felt a weird sensation in my chest. I gulped before asking her 'what's the matter?'

"D-De-Deva-nsh-", Her words were not clear but I understood she wanted to say something. "Yesh. Speak." I encouraged her.
"DE-Devansh, he-he-Where i-is he?" She held my arms tight, digging her sharp nails in my bare skin. I frowned, controlling myself to not move or groan.

That only happened about which I was afraid of.

"Kaira." I rubbed her arms. Brought Her closer to me. Her breath came to even state. Her eyes were slightly wide. Her swollen lips were slightly apart from each other. I let her continue to hold onto my arms whereas I caressed her arms soothingly.
"He is gone now, Kaira. He won't ever come back, and I will take care of it." I promised.

Slowly and swiftly Kaira fell on my chest. I sighed, holding her in a grip. I pulled out my phone from my pocket with a deep frown on my face. After dialing, I placed it on my ear.

"Hello, boss." One of my bodyguards picked the call.
"Shift him."I simply ordered.
"As you wish, sir."
I ended the call.

I lifted Kaira and took her to bed. I then noticed the broken glass pieces.

God, how much work in a day?

I cleaned everything as I did not want Kaira to get any kind of hurt at her maternal state.

Next thing I did was- walking to my baby's room only to find her asleep on the couch with her Sheepy near to her stomach. I went closer to her and with a caress in her hair and a kiss on her forehead, I shifted her to her fluffy bed. Securely placed her in the duvet before laying down beside her. The reason was I wasn't feeling like sleeping alone. I was tired of being alone in this huge world.

I was completely unaware about the feelings that were raising some curiosity in me. Some kind of anxiety. And for someone. Probably.

The only answer I wanted was-
'Is it because of Kaira?'

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words: 1021
Published : 24 Oct 2022

Can you guys solve his curiosity? Do you people have answer(s) to his questions?

I am quite upset with you guys. Why I do not get replies on my wishing messages?😟

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha