• 31 •

D E V A N S H

D E V A N S H

“Ahh..!" I groaned as an immense pain occurred in my head. I woke up and took medicine in the first place. I showered then got ready. I sighed realising Kaira had left. Now I was back to that same life again.

“Sitara..baby get up. You have to take a bath." I caressed her stomach and patted it lightly. She snuggled into my hand. It reminded me of Kaira. That night how she was so comfortable.

—Flashback—

I woke up to drink water. I heard shrieks. I rushed downstairs identifying the voice. The house was silent enough to make voices echo around.

I knocked at Kaira's door but she didn't open. I used a spare key and unlocked it. She was throwing her hands in the air while crying. She was having a nightmare.

SHE also used to have sometimes while Tara.

I shook her,“Kaira. Kaira, get up. It's just a dream."I took her hands in mine. I rubbed it; she jolted and looked everywhere around the room. When she saw me,she hugged me tightly,“H-He will take m-my baby." I massaged her scalp in order to relax her,“No. No one will take your baby. I am here."

“B-But what if he takes it ?" I shook my head,“I promise no one will take your baby. Now sleep." She agreed and obeyed my words. She kept nuzzling to my arm while I used my other hand to caress her hair.

“Dada..!" Tara's voice brought me out of my thoughts. “Did Kaiwa come ?" She showed hopeful eyes. I shook my head,disappointed. She wailed,“I want hew... CALL HEW..!" She started screaming, searching for her everywhere around the house like some favourite lost toy. We all looked at each other helplessly and worried. “Please baby stop. She isn't here. She will not come anymore."

She came back to my arms, her eyes were red from crying, her cheeks were flushed, her nose was red,“I-I wa-nt h-hew." She sobbed. I kept rocking her while she cried her eyes out. I took her back to her room for a bath. During breakfast, she ate very few morsels which shook my heart.

I marched to my basement. The doors of the bar opened as I stomped in with rage.

•TRIGGER WARNING•
—Torture Ahead—

The bloody moron was tied against the wall. I made sure my guards did not touch him or else I would break their hands.

The man was still wearing the mask. He smirked,”So you finally came. Nice to see you." Audacity of this bastard, I punched his cheek. “Ahh..!" Blood spilled out of his mouth. He gathered his blood saliva and spit it.

“Who sent you ?"my nostrils flared with anger. He poked his tongue out,“Uhh..not gonna say you.",I took a hold on his shirt collar,“SAY ME. I WILL KILL YOU." I punched his nose.

He started crying,“ahh..I did it for my family." I choked him,“I didn't ask for a reason. I asked WHO ?" I dug the blade in his nail. “oww, you idiot, you think I will tell you." He laughed,“NEVER."

“I will kill you." I growled. “Kill me. He will do this again. How many people will you kill ?"

I clenched my fist,“Why were you here ? Why were you kidnapping my daughter?",“he wants her. He will get her in any case. By the way, who was that sexy lady ? I don't remember boss saying about some bomb." He bit his lip.

“Shut up! It's none of your business. Why he wants my child ?" I shouted. “He will kill her. In every way. Painful death." He laughed like a crazy man. I gripped his mask and pulled it,“ahh..no. Don't." I lightly gasped seeing his face. It had cuts,“These all are his rewards. His painful rewards for not giving up."  He said sarcastically.

•TWE•

My heart was beating wildly. I could not take that anymore. I asked my guards to keep asking him about the boss.

“John. Do you know what you need to do ?" I questioned. “Yes, sir."

•. •. •.

I sighed watching Sitara sitting at a corner of her room holding her Sheepy. I sat in front of her and kept my hand on her knee. She had tears in her eyes,“Pwease dada. I want Kaiwa. Pwease. Pwease. Pwease." She snivelled. “My baby." I scooped her and brought to my lap. I tightly enveloped her in my arms,“please baby. Don't ask for that. She won't come." She cried harder,“I WANT HEW." She coughed loudly.

I gave her water.

I really regretted saying those words to her. I was so tempered to realise my words. I could have taken care about actions and words but how was I supposed to show my face to her ? I was so ashamed to even go infront of her.

'Why is it always me ? Why I do something stupid which lead me into this kindasituation ? Could not I just shut my mouth. Fool me.'
I did not know how Kaira was. If she was taking her food on time ? If she was taking her medicines ?

Placing Tara in her bed, I kissed her forehead,“Get some rest." I patted her lower stomach until she drifted off. I went out of her room. My legs took me to the guest room where Kaira used to live. I unlocked it, then my gaze fell on the strips of medicines on the night stands. Shit she forgot to take those. Now what was I supposed to do ? Maybe I knew what I had to do. I called Sakshi.

She came rushing,“yes,boss.",“I need your help." I said with worry. “uhm..yes." she trailed off with a clueless tone. “uh..Here. There are some medicines, probably of Kaira. You should give it to her. Or ask anyone to go and give her." I said casually. “Hmm..!" She hummed with a smirk playing on her lips.

~to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1012
Published : 04 Apr 2022

Hope you guys enjoyed. Do share your reviews.

Warning
No update till we reach the numbers(Target).

Vote
Target - 80

Comment
(Atleast 10 comments)

Do follow guys..we are so close to 100 followers. Pretty please....(✿^‿^)

Share

Writer,
Pratibha