• 55 •

K A I R A

K A I R A

I twirled around in front of the long mirror. I blushed putting the last piece of my desi jhumka (earrings). My saree was shining in the bright light. It made me look like sparkle. The saree was neither heavy nor very simple. Hence, perfect. I look actually beautiful; I did not know, how all of a sudden? But I did.

Maybe the magic of pregnancy

I heard the clicking of heels,“Kaira, we are getting late. Are you ready yet?" I heard Sakshi's voice shouting from outside. Getting myself some sprinkles of my favorite flower perfume, I went out.

“I am done!" I told her. Her jaw dropped to the floor. She gawked at me as if there was a monster standing near her. “Bro..what the fuck? You look so hot. God, this is unfair. Why am I not a boy or man?" She started whining like a kid. I held her hands,“Shh..! What are you saying? Hush..!" “You are actually beautiful, Kaira! All boys are going to get their eyes all over you tonight." She gave me a kiss in the air. “On a pregnant woman?" I narrowed my eyes.

“Does that even matter? As long as a woman is beautiful, men are gonna keep stealing glances!" She shrugged while making her way out. “Come fast!" She called out for me. I locked my door and walked along with her. We went downstairs. At the couch there were Devansh, Sitara and John.

“Ahem Ahem..! We are ready to go now." Sakshi spoke. They all stood up and turned around. John and Devansh were in tuxedo and suit, respectively. Devansh's suit was perfectly fitting for him. It was showing off his muscular body. The white shirt was laying flat on his board chest. His hair was fixed neatly at their place. His jaw was tight and sharp. Now one would say he was a father. He looked more like an eligible bachelor. I gulped when I realised I was shamelessly gawking at him in front of all.