Chapter 7

Lyrics's POV

"To protect you."

Protect me from what? Vince didn't even do anything to me, none yet. He is advanced. I somehow trust Eight's judgment.

"Whatever." I stepped out of my car.

"Sir, where..."

I cut off Gio. "I WILL EAT. Can't I just have my dinner quietly? Do I need to report to you? Just follow quietly and pretend you are not existing." Damn it! I am so hungry. This is Vince's fault.

Rock and Gio followed me, and ten of my bodyguards stayed outside the restaurant including that crazy violent guard. No one asked him to do that to Vince. No one should know about what he did. I don't want my Elites to be included in this issue. Such a headache. If they knew that my bodyguard from Team Ace did that, they might connect it to him.

I ate alone without a date.

"What?" I looked at Gio who is staring at me.

"Nothing, sir."

They are probably hungry too.

"Sit here." I said to Gio. "You too, Rock. Tell the others to eat here too."

I can see Rock from here. He is inviting the Elites to eat with me. They all joined me except for that violent bastard. He acts like a good one but secretly beats a guy without his team knowing. They are not supposed to attack unless someone gave us a threat or harmed us. Was dating Vince really that dangerous? I doubt. This guy just made me curious about his real deal. I will know soon.

I am at the same table with rock, gio, and twelve. They were talking about Eight.

"Isn't he hungry? He left before lunch and just returned an hour before we left. I don't think he has eaten yet." Twelve told them.

Okay, feed me with gossips. I pretend to be busy scrolling my phone.

"Where did Hunter go earlier?" Rock asked.
Good question, Rock. I am so proud of you.

"He woke up early to work out and he rush to leave right after that. He left all the guns and just brought his brass knuckles. I saw it because he wiped it clean before putting it in his pocket. Does he have an enemy outside?"

While they are talking, I am searching for what is these brass knuckles too. They are fist-load weapons.

"Guys, be careful with Hunter. I don't know what he is hiding. He never shares anything personally." Gio warned them.

The food for them arrived. I looked at the guy standing near the entrance from the glass wall, he was on lookout. He is serious about his job, but isn't it too much? Like he is in a rush to achieve something. Who are you, Eight? Why are you working as an Elite? I can't fully trust him yet. Just wait for your personal tests. I would know your intention soon.

Rock keeps sharing his story about the guy he is courting. The guy didn't say yes to him yet saying that all his time is on me. That was funny. Rock is working for me so it is just normal. There is no spark between Rock and me. I just like him as my most-trusted bodyguard. I am comfortable having him around.

After dinner, I passed by eight who didn't even bother to look at me. He opened the car door for me. Isn't he hungry at all? We did have a feast inside but he didn't really join. Why though? I made sure that he will drool seeing the food. What is wrong with him?
Before he could close the car door, I punched him in his tummy. He didn't react again.
Eight looked at me straight into my eyes. "Let's go home now."

Why did I feel cold? It's like someone blasted the aircon straight to my face.

Go home your face. I asked Gio, "straight to Sunny's place." I was planning to go home, but I just want to go against what Hunter asked me to do.