Chapter 3

Lyrics's POV

"What time is it, Lyrics?" My dad is waiting outside my room. Why is he still awake?

I just got home from the night market.

"1 AM. hehehe."

"Exactly, what did I tell you again about going home?" Dad is not in the mood today, and I know the probable reason why.

"I have my bodyguards, dad."

"And don't you think I have no idea what you are doing to you guards? Stop pissing them off. They are the best when it comes to your safety, but if you keep mistreating them, they can be the reason of the possible danger too. Be kind." Dad lectured me.

I almost laughed at the last part. If my mom would ask me that, it would be more believable.

"Good night, my super handsome daddy. I love you." I hugged him first before running inside. I am not in the mood for nagging. I had enough already in the morning.

My phone rang. My love is calling.

"What is with the noise, Lyly?" There he goes again.

"Mama Reese. I almost tried the grilled squid later. I feel so sad."

"WHO MADE MY BABY SAD? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SQUID?" I can hear them giggling. Dada Aidan is for sure listening from the other line too. They are just in the other room.

"Remember the annoying guard that I told you. He took it from me, saying it's not safe. It is safe. Sunny is just fine after eating four sticks. I want to try it so bad."

"The handsome bodyguard that you said?" He asked.

"I NEVER SAID THAT!!!"

"Did you just yell on me?" Mama asked me. "You said it during their recognition. I can still remember that you described his face as unbelievably perfect." My great grandmom added.

"Well, I retract it then. He is not handsome. He is an annoying wood. He looks like an old trunk. I want to chop him into tiny pieces. I want to kick him out." Seriously, that guy is too annoying. He is like an old grandpa.

"If you say so. I need to go back to sleep now. I just called you because I heard you just returned. Remember to go home early. Bye Bye, Lyly."

It is Monday again. It is breaktime when a familiar guy approached me here in the school cafeteria. He is holding a box from my favorite bags brand. He is from the college department

"Hello, Lyrics. This is for you." He sheepishly said.

"What is this for?"

Hunter grabbed the box and open it from a distant and inspect it. "clear." He is so proactive.

"Just tell me if you want that box. Clear clear your face." I made fun of this bodyguard. Among all, he is the strictest one. I looked at the one who gave me this gift. "What is your intention of giving me an expensive bag?"

"I just want to be friend with you."

"Who asked you to be friends with me? Your mom?"

He turned quiet. I am used to this already. No one wants to sincerely be my friend. All of them are just being used as a tool by their parents to be close to my family. That is why I only have Sunny as my friend.

"No one asked me. I want to be friends with you for real. I think you are c-cute." He looks like a tomato, a rotten one.

"Are you sincere?"

"Yes, I can do anything." He said shaking. Why would you lie? I know this guy doesn't like me at all. I remember way back during freshman year, he was mad at me because of me using a connection.