Special Chapter (Cielo's Story)

His dark story

Cielo's POV

I was well off since I was born. My dad is a great businessman, and my mom is a famous cellist. She teaches cello to kids, especially the kids of known figures.

She named me Cielo because she is only expecting me one thing, to be the best at it.

I can't go out growing up. I consumed my whole childhood practicing cello. Ever since I was a kid, I only want to paint. I want to draw. I want to tell my mom, but I am scared. She is hurting me. She would beat me to any part of my little body except my face and my hands. To her, my hands are more precious than her son.

It was one time when I can't say what I want to mom, I show it to her instead. I painted my room's walls. My nanny said I drew well. She told me my mom would be convinced to let me join the art class if she would find out about this talent.

It was a stupid mistake. She saw my hands full of paint, the most precious hands.

She slammed my head on the wall. It bled too much. Instead of bringing me to the hospital, she asked my nanny to heal my wounds. It is probably to avoid rumors that she is violent when she is mad. Her name can't be tarnished with gossip. My mom was famous since her teens as a sweet girl. The face she is showing in the camera and at home are way different. My mom is scary.

Who could blame her? Her husband is an adulterer. She never loves my dad. She stays with him because she doesn't want to ruin the sweet couple image they are portraying in public. They are the perfect couple.

My father's family hates my mom. For them, she is an average woman who is using dad for money. They were not wrong. That is the only purpose of dad for my mom. My mom is like my dad's trophy wife.

"If I see you ruining your hands again, I am going to cut those off. Hear me?" The seven-year-old in me got scared.

I practiced a lot. I cannot lose to her students or she will put me in the abandoned room again. I need to be better than those businessmen's kids. I need to be the best to gain my mom's affection.

I remembered my mom brought me to a party. All the kids were socializing. They are all friends. I was home-schooled, so I don't know how to greet them without being awkward.

One of mommy's rivals at their peak, greeted me and I just smiled at her in return. She said many things and sarcastically asked mom if I am mute because I wasn't responding. They laughed about it. Mom smiled brightly and said I am just a shy boy. I thought everything was okay not until my mom dragged me quietly to the garden and punched my stomach. She said I was nothing but embarrassment. She wants me to be a smart kid in front of others. She never teaches me how. She never lets me go out. I thought being good at cello is my only purpose of living.

She made me play in front of everyone. I focused. I can't make a mistake in front of my parent's friends. I can't disappoint them. Everyone left in awe after my performance.

She said I was ready. She organized a huge party for my recital. She invited a lot of huge guests to see me perform. There are media too, they are prepared to make an article of the famous cellist's son performing. On my way to the stage, I saw my dad and one of my mom's friends doing it in a dressing room. My mom saw it too. I didn't see her affected. She told me just to focus and don't embarrass her because her cellist teachers were there watching too.
Does my mom have feelings? Why is he letting dad do that to her?

It makes me nervous to see a lot of cameras. Too many lights are blinding. My head is spinning. I asked mom to tell them not to use flash when taking photos.

My instrument is bigger and more important than me. I saw my mom glaring at me from the audience. I fixed my posture. I can do this. I started playing. It was good in the beginning not until I saw my dad sitting beside my mom. How can he smile like he is a good and well-respected man? My parents continued the act and hold hands while watching me. I hit the wrong note. It was a simple mistake. If you are not into music, you wouldn't notice it, but I got scared. Even the simplest mistake means I'll be locked up without being fed again. When my mom stood up, I continued playing again while crying. I am nervous playing afraid that my mom will hit me in front of the audience. I heard that deafening camera shutter sounds. All the cameras are focused on me. The son of the famous cellist cried in the middle of the performance. When my mom went to the stage, my knees collapsed, and fell to the floor. She hugged me and smiled in front of the audience. "Sorry, I think my baby boy got pressured seeing these beautiful guests in front of him. Please proceed to the next hall for the cocktail party. I am sorry about this." I looked at mom. She was smiling widely.