Chapter 48

Lyrics's POV

I was dragging my feet, shocked, back to the mansion. Hunter never looked at me that way ever before. This is the first time.

"That was not a dream. You both witnessed it too."
I realized that Gio and Rock is not following me. They were still in front of Hunter who looks like he is about to kill them anytime.

I ran back to where they are.
"Are you not going back to your room?" I asked my two bodyguards. They didn't leave the same spot.

"I need to still talk to them." It was grumpy Hunter who replied instead. "Go back to your room now and rest. I am asking as your boyfriend, this will be the last time that you will sneak."

"Why are you so mad? No one is hurt."

"It is dangerous for you to go out with just one bodyguard. You should have known it. It is dangerous. Do you understand? I am not talking as an Elite. I am talking as your boyfriend as well. The next time that this will happen, I swear I will have to remove your Aces and replace them. Go back to your room and sleep." Hunter's way of staring at me is different. It is like he is just restraining himself to pin me down and choke me to death.

He doesn't love me. I said to myself. Even if he is mad at me, he shouldn't look at me like that.

"I am sor- " Nevermind. I am not sorry. His eyes are annoying.

"Gio and Rock, go back to your room now," I asked the two.

I left them first. I was scolded by my dad as usual.

The next morning, my inbox is empty. No messages from my best boyfriend ever.

I am not going to message him if that is what he wants. Blah blah blah.

The afternoon came, and I am slowly feeling anxious after not receiving any messages from my boyfriend. Sunny arrived home to discuss our group works with me.

"Bae, do you have a problem?" Sunny asked.

"Just focus on your work and don't ask me anything unrelated to it."

"I love you and I miss you so bad." There he goes with his acting again. "For years that I've been with you, did you ever feel that I am just faking you?"

"That is because you are such a good actor. Hands up to that amazing talent, sunny. You did well. You made me look like a fool. Everyone knows and I am the only one left in the dark. You have a thousand chances to share the info with me, but you never did."

"Aside from the fact that my dad asks money from your dad, did I ever make you feel that I was forced to be your friend? I love you so bad and I want everything to be back again. Please, bae. Hmmmm? Please." Sunny grabbed my arm.

"If you won't shut your mouth, I will kiss you on the lips," I warned Sunny. That would be unsanitary.

It is funny to see his face. He looked so terrified. As if kissing me is the most terrifying to do.

"Sunny, let's not rush it." I miss him I know, but I am not ready.

We were so focused on working on our paper that I forgot about asking my boyfriend about his lunch.

"Hey, took lunch?" I messaged Hunter.

"Yes." A three-letter reply from my ever-loving boyfriend. Like what the fuck is this coldness?
I am freezing. I should have been a hotdog sleeping inside the fridge in this life instead.

"Are you still mad?"

"What do you think, Lyrics?" Hunter is still mad because of my failed plan. If he didn't leave the same time as Rogue's off, I wouldn't think of escaping to follow him.