Chapter 40

Lyrics's POV

Hunter pulled me to the corner. "Don't tell me you are planning to dance with her. Ly, it is obvious that she likes you. Think!"

"Did I say yes to her?"

"Why are you not talking then? You should have just rejected it right away. I went here to be with you. It is not even my job but I came here. Tell her that I am your boyfriend." All along, I thought I would be jealous of her and Hunter, but it is the other way around.

"She knows it, Hun. You said you aren't close but the way you call her Miks says otherwise." I don't like it. I don't want my boyfriend to be friends with her.

"That's what they call her. Let's go home now." Hunter asked me.

"I cannot. I need to wait for my grandparents. The party just started. I need to stay at least an hour."

He pulled his phone from his pants. I think someone messaged him. "I need to go back. Let's go."

"Who messaged you?" I tried to check his screen, but he hid it from me. What is your secret, Hunter? Something is really off with him ever since.

"Just mom." He grabbed my arm. "We are going home."

"Go ahead." I asked him. "I'll stay."

"I always do what you want but you can't even listen to me. Good job, Lyrics. You are doing great." Hunter left the hall. I should be the one to get mad.

I am with Riley and mommy Maru. It's not just right to leave them alone and daddy Cloud clearly told me to don't leave his wife. I can't disobey him. I will be doomed.

The weird thing that happened tonight was I became the face of the night when I was just sitting here waiting for the event to end. Mika got the award too. The host even teased the two of us. Just wait until I kick this guy's balls backstage.

When I am already on my way home, I messaged Hunter, but he didn't reply. I even went to his room and found out that he was already asleep. I kissed his cheek before I left him there. He should have texted me before he sleeps. Ugh, Hunter!

He loves you. Believe in that. I talked to myself.  Hunter said it himself, he proved it a few times, but it is still lacking. Maybe I should lower my expectation. That is the reason for disappointment.

The next day, I went to my class but he didn't even wait for me at least at the main entrance. Did he really get mad because I refused to go with him early? Such a sulky bastard.

"Gio, I am pissed."

"That would be surprising if you are not, sir."
He lowered his head when I glared at him. "I mean what happened, sir?"

If Sunny is still here, it would at least be easier for me to solve all my problems. Ahh, Sunny! I hate you.

"I am pissed at your face." I yelled.

Damn! What kind of boyfriend is that? We really need to talk. I need to tell him all my terms and conditions if he wants to be my boyfriend. I am not okay with this.

When I entered the classroom, I almost scream upon seeing Sunny. He is seated in the same spot, beside mine.

"Why are you here?" I snarled.

"Bae, I brought the egg drop sandwich that we liked before. Try it." Sunny is acting like nothing has happened.

"I clearly told Rock to ban you from MSU. Who let you return here?"

"Your bossmaam. Sir Honey threatened me to go back since he said my tuition was already paid until college and it would be a waste since it is non-refundable." It is a lie. It is refundable.  And my mom was the one who paid it not bossmaam.