Chapter 18

Hunter's POV

"Granted, my beautiful Lyrics."

He is quiet, but his cheeks are burning red.

"Are you okay, sir?"

"Do I look like I am okay?" He gritted his teeth. "Look at my knees, they are shaking. If I break my bones right now, this is solely your fault."

I kneeled in front of the swing and held his knees. He is right. He is shaking. I tried to massage it to relax.

"This isn't my real confession yet."

"Don't confess to me forever! You have to bury this confession with you. You can die for me? Who is stupid enough to die for anyone?" Lyrics yelled.

"Me, but I am not stupid. I just fell in love. I mean we are still pretending that you are eighteen, right?"

"SHUT UP!!!" He was burning again.

"Relax. It will hurt your throat if you keep shouting."

"Why do you always care about my throat so much?" He yelled again.

"I care about every part of you."

He covered my mouth and squeezed my lips. "Okay! I am back to being seventeen. You have to keep your mouth shut now."

As usual, I returned to standing on his side. I feel like my chest got lighter. I somehow released the words I've been keeping inside me.

"I can't stand." He whined. "Not because I was affected by your words, but because I have cramps sitting here for long."

"Do you want me to carry you?"

"After your corny practice confession? No! Change your lines. I don't like it." He is swinging his legs too. "If I hear you repeating the same lines, I will reject you right away. Die your ass! That is the fakest line ever."

I just kept quiet behind him. This is enough for me. To be standing near him is enough for me.

I was surprised when he moved his face close to me. I maintain my composure.

"Your skin is dry." He pressed my forehead with his finger.

He was checking me from head to toe.

"Aside from that, you don't look that bad. Let me think about it."

He was so close.

"LYRICS JONGCHEVEEVAT!!!"

It was sir Cloud. Damn it.

"What do you think you are doing?" He grabbed my collar. He looked at Lyrics. "Don't tell me you are dating this guy."

"No." Lyrics lowered his head. No matter how hard-headed Lyrics is, he always behaves in front of his grandfather Cloud Jongcheveevat. This is a big question to me because we know that sir Cloud is a friendly guy who smiles when he sees us. I never saw him mad ever, maybe just today.

"Then what are you two doing here in the dark? You are not kissing, aren't you?" Sir Cloud asked.

"No, dad. I just move my face closer to Hunter. We are not yet kissing."

"Go to your room and sleep." He looked at me. "I am watching you."

I was left alone sitting on the swing. That confession seems too real for me.

I got a message from Sir Khalil. "Clear your schedule for the week. There are four other Elites applying and suitable for the commander position. You five will have to undergo a series of tests. Please do not inform anyone about this. This is confidential. You are excused from your duty for a week. No need to report to Rock."