Chapter 9

Lyrics's POV

"My Lyly, my baby!" Mama Reese hugged me tightly. "I am sorry about what happened to you. I couldn't visit you last night."

"It's okay. I am fine. I want to rest now. I love you." I entered the room.

Why do I keep thinking of him? Bossmaam scolded me when I told him about what happened. He wants to drag me back home, but I am serious when I said that my heart is beating so fast. It's abnormally fast and I never experienced that. I was really scared, but they can't understand me. Instead, others call me crazy. I was too embarrassed, and it was Hunter's fault. Everything started because of him.

"Ly, baby? Can I come in?" It was my grandmom gel.

"I want to sleep, mommy."

"Please, love?" Mommy Nigel asked again.

I opened the door. "Are you feeling better now? You don't have to be guilty about coming to the hospital. I am telling you, if you feel something wrong with your body, do not hesitate to go to the hospital and have yourself checked. It is your body and you know when something is happening. Honey told me that you have a crush but he won't tell me who. So who is this?" Mommy Nigel caressed my head.

"I do not have one."

"It is normal, Lyrics." He said.

"But I really don't have one."

"Alright, if you say so. Sleep and rest." He patted my head.

I was already in bed, but I really couldn't focus at all. My head is full of unnecessary thoughts. I keep on hearing Hunter's voice.

"The city is so beautiful and so are you."

Ughhhh! This is all his fault!!!

I went to their place just because I couldn't sleep.

Gio and Rock are drinking along with Rogue.

"Where is Eight?"

"Shower maybe." They pointed to the common restroom near their kitchen. This place is not crowded unlike other houses with hundreds of Elites.

It is payback time. There is a switch just outside the restroom as well so I turned the light off. I am expecting him to scream like a normal person when you turned off the light, but he did not.

I pulled out the towel and robe hanging on the door and put them on the couch. Let's see how brave you are.

I can still hear the sound of the water dripping like nothing has happened.

"Six, turn the light on back." I ordered Gio.

I heard the sound of the doorknob twisting. "Dude, have you seen my towel?"

Just stay there inside the restroom. I laughed inside my head.

...but what happened is different from what I imagined it to be.

He walked out of the restroom confidently and looked at the towel on the couch. He grabbed it while staring at me.

Fuck! I can see your reproductive organ! How could you not be embarrassed at all?

"Sorry, sir. I think I forgot to bring the towel with me." Eight smirked at me. Such a dick.

He climbed to the stairs slowly as if he is really showing his dangling crinkled thing down there.

"He is bragging about his size." Rock laughed. "He is competing with Rogue."

What competition?

My prank failed as he seems not to be affected by it.

"Anyway, do you need something, sir?" Gio asked me.

I need to breathe. I walked out of that house. It is so boring. That is not what
I expected.

I went to the shooting range to bring back my senses. "Everyone, out." I don't want anyone to witness me playing with guns.

I aimed at the crotch area of my target board. The first one hit the exact spot and all nine bullets just passed through the same hole. That was so easy. My dad Axl, trained me since I was a kid and I know I am good at it. Only Rock among my bodyguards knows my love for guns.

I spent another hour playing here on the training ground. My dad entered and proved to me that he is still the best at it.

"You okay?" Dad asked me.

Why is everyone asking if I am okay?

"Yeah."

"Tell me if anyone hurts you, okay? I can't let anyone hurt my only son. Chin up!" Dad reminded me.

"Nothing is really wrong, daddy. I am just exhausted."

"There is an email inviting you to their talent agency." This conversation is awkward for me.

"Don't worry, dad. I am not going to join. It is just a waste of time."

"Look, I am working so hard for you. You don't need to carry the weight. I'll make sure that you will just be comfortable all your life, so please do what you want. You have no responsibility to us. Do not think that way. I have only three requests. Be happy, don't be hurt, and don't let anyone look down on you. You are an amazing person, beautiful in and out. You will always be my baby Lyrics. Got it?" My dad told me.

"I love you, dad."

He handed me a gun. "Now show me what you've got."

I aimed at the target again and hit everything perfectly.

"No doubt, you are my son."

I walked with him back to the mansion. My mom is cleaning the third floor.

"Baby!!! Your cup! How many times have I told you to bring it into the sink after using it? When will you learn?" My mom is the cleaning master.

"On it." My dad chuckled. "Go to your room now and rest."

I called Sunny, and he told me about his date. He said he found out late what happened to me so he wasn't able to visit me.

Should I tell him about the reason for my sudden abnormal heartbeat? I think he knows the answer.

I told him from the cancelled date with Vince up to the hospital incident.

"Bae, you sure you have no feelings for your handsome bodyguard?" Sunny asked me.

"I am sure. It just happened twice because he talked near my ear. I felt his warm breath on my skin."

"It seems like a crush to me." Sunny insisted.

"It is not."

"Don't hang up. Let me stalk his social media accounts." Several minutes have passed. "Shit! Is he human? He doesn't have Instagram. Wait... wait... this seems to be you in the photo. Is this your account? It only has 20 followers but Hunter's cousin is following this account."

He showed me the link of the account. The name of the user is Eight Sciryl. Sciryl? Lyrics?
There goes that abnormal heartbeat again.

"Bae, this is your photo even if it is only showing your back. I am sure." Sunny said.

I am sure too.

On that post is me facing the city lights with a caption. "At your service forever, sciryl. Beautiful no doubt. -8"