Chapter 28

Hunter's POV

I sent Kate home earlier. It was tiring to take care of another kid.

Lyrics is in school, and this place is too quiet without him.

I grabbed my phone only to see several messages from him. He is telling me everything he is doing in their class. The last one caught my attention.

"You are so cold. Sign the divorce papers later."

I smiled. How cute, Ly! You are the only person who can make me smile like this.

I didn't realize that the newbies are already staring at me.

"Focus on your training!"

"What is with the weird smile, boss?" Khalil asked. Just a few weeks ago, I am calling him sir, but now I am holding a higher position than him.

"What smile? Did you finish the report I asked you yesterday?"

"Here." He handed me the document. "That is probably the heir. You are one lucky guy. Sir Lyrics looks like he is so head over heels for you."

I couldn't agree more. I am not lucky because he is the heir. I am lucky because the guy I am dreaming of likes me too.

My phone vibrated again. Lyrics sent me a draft of divorce papers with drawings. "Sign this later and don't talk to me ever again. I will have custody of our kids." He must be so bored.

He sent another picture of his highlighter pens. "Look at our kids. They are so mad at you."

Our kids are pens? I chuckled. Wait till it becomes real humans there. We will have a lot.

"I am not going to sign that paper." I replied to his weirdness.

He is a kid. Even if he turned eighteen, I think it would still be awkward to be his boyfriend. He still acts like a kid. It won't change just because he turned eighteen. It is really his personality.

"Then have more time for me!"

"I was busy earlier. See you later."
See you later, my love. I am tired and I need to see you.

It was late in the afternoon. I am in the training ground, checking the skills of the newbies.

There is one guy who aced all the exams, except for the shooting. He is bad at aiming. So I am watching him train with the tenured.

"Again!" I ordered.

"I am sorry, sir." He nervously answered. "I am just nervous because you are watching."

"Whoever is watching, you can't be nervous, especially in the real battle. Straighten your back. Repeat."

I stood closer to him to check his arm position.

Fuck! My back!

Lyrics arrived. He is pinching me on the back, twisting my skin there. Fuck! It hurts so bad.

"Why are you not in the headquarters?" He asked calmly. He is still not done with my back.

"Sir, I am just supervising the newbies."

"This newbie?" Lyrics asked.

He finally let go of my back. He pushed me away.

"Is this a commander's job? You should have applied as the trainer instead." What is his problem?

"We are working on his aiming skills..."

"Stop explaining! Tell me why it took you three hours to reply to me."
These Elites are respecting me a lot, but here is Lyrics ruining my respected image.