Chapter 22

Lyrics's POV

Last night, Hunter was announced as the new Elites commander.

Ugh. I don't want to get up in bed. I need to let my dad know that I am against their decision. How about our flirting? It will stop now. How can he focus on me? I am on strike.

"Get up now, Lyrics. I know you are awake. Should I send you to school?" My dad asked.

Send me to school? NOOOOOO!!! If he goes to my school, all the teachers, higher ranks, and board members will show up to welcome my dad.

I dragged my feet to the restroom and shower. When I came out of my room, I showed them my sad face. They should know that I hate it so much.

"Stop being sulky. Being a commander demands higher respect. You don't want your soon-to-be boyfriend to hold higher power?" Mommy Maru asked me.

"I don't waaaant." I think I used my high pitch just now. "I mean Hunter will never be my boyfriend, even if he always flirts with me." I just need to add the flirting word to show them that they are the cause of my heartbreak.

"Eat now." My dad said.

"I don't want to live anymore. Send me to the deserted island now. What is the purpose of living?"

"I promise I will really send you there if you don't stop that drama. I thought you don't want to be his boyfriend." My dad is always annoyed at me when our topic is Hunter.

"Well, we love each other. It doesn't need a label." I said.

"Did he say he loves you or this is all just an assumption?" Daddy  Cloud asked me.

It is hard to be the only young heart here. All their attentions are on me.

"He loves Lyrics, okay? Lyrics wouldn't say that the feeling is mutual if that guy didn't tell him. So what did the commander tell you?" Mama Reese answered on my behalf.

"He said he will die for me." I bragged.

Bossmaam laughed. "That's an oath. All Elites' motto is Kirigun's safety above all. Meaning all of them are willing to die for us. It means Hunter is willing to die for me too." Bossmaam continued laughing.

"I won't sleep here later. I will sleep in the street and become homeless." I hate them all.

"Hunter is a good guy. I can see it. We also need him to lead. It is for everyone's sake. If he loves you, no one would stop it. Adjust, Lyrics. I know he can handle it well." My dad told me.

He can handle it well? What about me? Is ignoring me part of handling it well?

They said Hunter is already living on the first floor. Ugh! If they let him stay on the first floor, they should have put him in the room where I can casually pass by. They gave him a room near the back entrance and I have fucking no excuse to go there. I never go to that area.

Our house is so big that I never remembered going to that room.

I see two servants on the corner.
"Are you here to meet Sir Hunter, sir?"
Who are these judgmental people?

"HUH!? EXCUSE ME? WHY WOULD I MEET HUNTER HERE??? I am going to my school."

"But the car is waiting in front, sir." The lady replied. She needs to shut up.

"I know! I just want to roam around. This is a shortcut."
Ughhhh! Fucking Elites! I told you they should put him near the main entrance. This is annoying.

Now I need to walk a few minutes from the back of the mansion to my car. I was sweating a lot in the morning.

There I saw him wearing his white shirt and grey joggers, standing near my car. He should have told me that he is here waiting to save me from my embarrassment earlier. He smiled at me, but since I am acting like a cold person, I won't smile back.