Chapter 1

Noah sat in the window of Five's old bedroom with a book in hand, the sun was beginning to set and the sky was filled with blues, purples, and pinks. The boy sighed and solemnly set the book down beside him. He got up and ran a hair through his curls, only making them messier.

He slowly opened the door to go to his room but was met with Pogo. "Hey, Pogo." He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes. He began to walk past the chimp but was stopped by him talking.

"Sir Reginald is dead," Pogo said sadly.

Noah thought for a moment, "Oh. Okay... That's unfortunate?" He muttered slowly, unsure how to react. He was happy his father was dead but he didn't have the heart to tell Pogo that.

"Your siblings are coming back home tomorrow for the funeral," Pogo told the boy.

'Damn, Pogo was really just laying this down.' Noah thought and chuckled to himself.

Eight then actually processed the words and a bitter look made its way to his face, his eyes flashing with pain, "Not all of them." And with that, he stormed past Pogo and slammed his bedroom door - which was next door to Five's.

He groaned loudly and angrily ran a hand through his hair again, "Why did you have to leave?" He asked nobody and lay atop his bed, shoving his face into his pillow.

. . .

The next day, he took the advantage of Reginald's death and grabbed some normal clothes he had stolen from a store a couple of months ago. He put it on and looked at himself in the mirror self-consciously, he was wearing a maroon-coloured sweater and black jeans with a belt. He looked at the photos that he hung up on his mirror with Five when they were kids and sighed.

While he waited for his siblings to arrive, he skipped breakfast per usual, read in Five's room for a couple of hours, had an apple and a handful of dry cheerios for lunch, and slept in Five's bed until he was awoken by voices.

He slowly sat up in bed rubbing his eyes with his fists and blinked a few times, looking around the room. He pulled himself to his feet with a groan and sludged through the halls. As he made his way down the stairs he recognized the voices of his sisters and quickened his pace slightly - just to see Allison, though. He wasn't on the best terms with Vanya.

"Hey, Allison" He heard Vanya greet.

"Hey, sis," Allison replied.

There was silence and when his sisters came into view he realized they were hugging, he stopped on the middle landing part of the stairs and watched them awkwardly. Vanya looked at the boy over Allison's shoulder and smiled nervously.

The two pulled apart and turned to look at Noah, he gave a lazy smile before yawning and covering his mouth with the back of his hand. "Hi." He said through the yawn.

"Just wake up?" Allison chuckled.

"No, I just got out of the bath. What do you think?" He snarked grumpily as Diego walked in.

"Ah. What is she doing here?" He asked, signalling to Vanya. "You don't belong here. Not after what you did." He deadpanned, walking past them and towards the stairs where Noah was.

"You're seriously gonna do this today?" Allison asked unamused. "Way to dress for the occasion, by the way."

Diego walked past his brother and gave a tight-lipped smile. "At least I'm wearing black." He retorted to his sister and went out of sight.

Noah crossed his arms and leaned against the railing beside him. Vanya looked down at her feet, "You know what? I- Maybe he's right. I shouldn't-"

Allison cut her off, "Forget about him. I'm glad you're here." She smiled.