Chapter 17

Noah woke up and immediately panicked when he realized he was alone. He didn't trust himself being alone after what had happened, he sat up and looked around the room. He spotted the paper with Five's neat handwriting and quickly scanned it over from his spot on he bed, he hopped out of bed and ignored his pounding headache as he made his way out of his room. Noah opened Five's door and made his way over to Five who was to into writing equations on his wall to notice him.

Noah looked around the room hesitantly before speaking, "Hi."

Five's head snapped to look at him, "Oh, good, you're up." He looked up at his clock then back at his equations. "You weren't out for very long if you're wondering."

Noah nodded and picked at his nails, "I'm sorry."

Five knew what he was talking about and turned his whole body to face him, "It's fine, Noah. I don't blame you, I blame me. You can't control it, I know how hard it is."

Noah felt terrible that Five was blaming himself but he didn't really want to continue the conversation. "Can I help?" He questioned, nodding his head towards the wall.

Five sighed and nodded, "Sure, but take these first." He grabbed a glass of water off his table and two small pills and handed them to the boy.

Without even asking what kind of pills they were he popped the pills in his mouth and took a sip of water, he swallowed them, "Thanks."

"No problem." Five smirked. "Now, get your ass over here and help me." He joked.

Eight picked up a piece of chalk and scanned over Five's work, "Shit, I forgot how hard this stuff is."

"You'll catch up." Five informed shortly, he had nearly covered the whole wall with his equations.

Five was right, Noah did eventually catch up to what Five was doing and begun helping him the best he could. Five would occasionally check over Noah's work just in case he messed up and ruined the whole thing but usually it was perfectly fine and they only had to erase a few numbers.

After about half an hour Five was standing on his bed and had a whole other wall covered, meanwhile Noah had given up and was laying on his side, resting his head on Five's feet, and drawing weird shit on the bottom of the wall.

Five stopped writing and gaped at his equations, "Oh. Okay, I think I've got something, Noah. It's tenuous, but promising."

Noah peeled his eyes off the gnome drawing he was working on and sat up, "Oh, cool. So we just gotta kill a dude and we live?"

Five nodded and glanced down at him, "Something like that."

Luther walked in, "What is all this?"

Five refused to turn around and face the man as he fixed up some things on the walls, "It's a probability map."

"Probability of what?"

Eight pursed his lips in annoyance and looked at Luther, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe the end of the fucking world?" He scoffed. "But, who knows, that's just a guess." He said sarcastically.

Five looked at Luther, "Of whose death could save the world." He tapped his chalk on the wall. "I've narrowed it down to four."

"We." Noah corrected.

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther quizzed.

Noah scoffed, "Oh, my God."

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it."

"Oh." Luther breathed out. "I'm not following." He admitted.