Chapter 3

Noah was in Five's room more than his own. It was known by everyone. It was a fact. But, he had a good reason that everyone completely understood.

He lost his best friend. The one person in the world that he truly loved and cared for, was gone. In a matter of minutes, he lost his other half. The only person keeping him stable, keeping him from doing anything bad or that he would regret.

When Five left, Noah became a different person entirely. He separated himself from everyone, his siblings, Pogo, Reginald, even his mom. He rarely ate, he never slept, and he would snap at the littlest things. If anyone went into Five's room or even got too close, he would yell and scream until somebody would have to step in before he would hurt someone or himself.

Multiple holes had needed to be patched up in the first few months Five had left. Noah's knuckle's had been fractured 3 different times and his hand was bloodied and bandaged more than he could count.

Every night his siblings would have to listen to their brother's crying coming from Five's room.

It was the worst thing that had ever happened to Noah. It crushed him. He still wasn't the same, he could never be after that heartbreak.

He still cried most nights, others, he just became so dislocated from everything around him that he would do things to himself that left permanent reminders embedded into his skin. Reminders that his best friend was gone. That he had left him without even a goodbye.

After that day, Noah promised himself that he's never fully connecting and give his trust to another person. He didn't need more pain. He just needed his best friend back.

~

Noah sat crossed-legged against Five's wall across from his bed, his eyes glossing over by all the overwhelming things crossing his mind. He was pulled out of his thoughts by music reverberating through the house.

Noah smiled slightly, Luther used to play this song some mornings when he would wake up from Noah's cries. He could never forget this song, it was well-known by each sibling. 'I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany'

Noah got to his feet and locked Five's door before jumping and spinning around to the music. He would occasionally bump into walls but he didn't care. Until he stubbed his toe one Five's bed, "FUCKING HELL!" He yelled, jumping up and down on one foot while he held the other in pain.

He grabbed a toy car off Five's shelf and chucked it angrily as hard as he could at the bed. It flew back up, off of the wooden post and hit him square in the forehead. "WHY IS IT ALWAYS FUCKING ME!?" He screamed as his eyes welled up with tears from the pain.

A loud crackle of lightning sounded through the house from outside and the music stopped abruptly.

He quickly ran out of Five's room and down the hallways. He ran past a fire extinguisher and stopped in his tracks, Eight quickly snatched it off the wall and ran outside. He burst open the doors to see all his siblings already standing there, he followed their gaze and there was a big blue light.

Once he recovered from the general shock he shoved past his siblings, "Move, bitches!"

"What are you-?" Diego cut himself off in confusion.

Noah sprayed the fire extinguisher at the portal and when he realized that wasn't doing anything he looked at it for a second and threw it in.

"What is that gonna do?" Allison yelled over the noise.

"I don't know. How about we throw you in there and see what it does? Cause I'm open to any more ideas!" Noah yelled back.

The portal crackled loudly and Noah stumbled back quickly, hiding behind Diego and Luther.