Chapter 13

Noah and Five were following Lance all night. He walked out of his apartment with a curly-haired dog that Noah assumed was a mixed breed of a poodle and something else. Lance unlocked his car, put the dog in the back seat, then got in the driver's seat. Five blinked himself in the passenger seat and Noah in the back with the dog.

"Oh, Jesus!" The doctor exclaimed.

Five pulled out a pocket knife and held it to the man's throat without any hesitation. Meanwhile, Noah was scratching the dog behind the ears, "Awww, aren't you a good..." He looked down quickly. "...Boy. Such a pretty puppy. Yes, you are." He cooed.

"One chance. That's all you got." Five threatened. "One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I... I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market.." The doctor informed him quickly.

"Including eyeballs?"

"Yeah, they're my biggest sellers. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I- I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers." Lance informed.

"So, the serial number I told you..."

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off- off the books."

Five sighed, "I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!"

"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy's in a safe at the lab."

Five scoffed, "Well, you start the car, then. 'Cause, we're going on a field trip." He removed the knife from the man's throat.

"Okay." The man nodded shakily.

"Now." Five rushed.

"Okay." Lance put on his seatbelt and started the engine.

Five looked back at Noah who had the dog on his lap now, "Seatbelt, Noah." He spoke softly.

"M'kay." Noah nodded, he set the dog down and put his seatbelt on.

. . .

When they arrived at the building and got out of the car, Noah sniffed the air, "Is it just me or do I smell smoke?"

When the building came into view Noah's jaw dropped. The whole building was enveloped in flames, and windows were breaking from the heat and pressure.

Five began running towards it at full speed, and Noah chased after him. "Five, stop! It's too late!" Noah yelled.

The two stopped in front of the building and a second later it blew up, causing them to go flying. Noah felt so much pain in such little time. The first thing he felt was the heat of the flames burning his chest, then how his back slammed into the cement, winding him immediately. He must have gone unconscious for a few seconds because when he opened his eyes Five was sitting up, staring at the building in disbelief.

Noah struggled to sit up, a shard of glass cut a slit in his palm but he ignored it and tried to stand. He limped over to Five, "Are you okay?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

Five got to his feet and looked at Noah, "Not really. Are you?"

Noah shrugged, "Decent." He looked back at the scene. "What do we do now?"

"Wait for the end of the world to come and drink our problems away?" Five suggested solemnly.

Noah looked at Five with a mischievous smile, "Sounds like a pretty fun way to go. I'm in. Where are we getting the drinks?" Five took Noah's hand and blinked them to a liquor store. Five grabbed 3 bottles of vodka off the shelf and Noah scanned them, "Why are we getting the cheap shit? We're stealing this, we might as well get the good stuff."

Five put the bottles back and grabbed three bottles of stronger vodka and looked to Noah for approval. The boy nodded and Five blinked them to the local library.

(Words: 655)

AN: Hello, beautiful people! I'm cutting this chapter short so that Five and Noah can have a whole chapter dedicated to them being drunk idiots lmfao. And they may do more than just being drunk(◔◡◔) *Clears throat* Anyhow... Love you all <3

-ash ._.