Chapter 32

Noah paced his room, biting his nails and nervously muttering to himself. Five different outfits were sprawled across his bed, two pairs of shoes, and a tie. He was going to go see Diego. He couldn't put it off any longer. It had been three days since he found out his brother was alive and here in Dallas but his anxiety has been holding him back, too scared to even leave the house.

He looked back at the outfits on his bed. He should probably dress like a normal boy from Texas in the '60s - a button-up shirt, jeans, and dress shoes - so that he doesn't get any weird looks from people. Because what he's been wearing most of the time when he leaves the house makes him look like a homeless person... he probably wouldn't be let in to see Diego if he looked like that.

He grabbed the dark blue, plaid button-up, denim jeans, and a pair of socks from his bed and walked out of his room. "Hey, Elliot! I'm getting in the shower!" Noah warned before closing the bathroom door. He hadn't been allowed to use the shower without Elliot knowing and it had to be for a certain amount of time so that Elliot knew he wasn't dead. Fun, right? Not.

The boy set his clothes down on the sink counter, hurriedly got undressed, and hopped in the shower. He had nearly forgotten the time limit Elliot had set for him, too busy making potions with the different kinds of soaps. Elliot knocked on the door, "You alive?"

He said it so casually, Noah almost laughed. "Uh... yep!" He responded, quickly dumping the 'potion' down the drain. Damn it, he probably shouldn't have wasted all that soap. "All good!" He turned the water off, and quickly dried himself with a random towel off the floor - he didn't want to know who used that towel last but did it really matter? If you cleaned yourself in the shower then the towel you used to dry yourself off should be clean as well... hopefully. He pulled on his outfits, brushed his hair so it wouldn't get knotty when it dried, and pulled at the shirt uncomfortably. It looked so tight on him.

When he walked out, Elliot's eyes widened. "What are you wearing your church clothes for?"

Noah looked at himself, "These are for church? Elliot, we've never even walked past the church before and I've been here for a year." He chuckled.

Elliot shrugged, "I've never been either but y'know...." He trailed off. "So, where are you going?"

Noah bit the inside of his cheek, trying to figure out what to say. "Uhm... I'm meeting up with a girl?" He informed hesitantly, his voice getting quieter and quieter.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to bring home a girl! Is she cute?"

Noah tried to fight back a smile and decided to keep going along with it. "Oh yeah. She's adorable. I love her."

"Really?" He asked excitedly. "How long have you two love birds been talking?"

"About a month now." Eight shrugged. 

"Are you sure it's love? What's your favorite part about her?" He quizzed.

"Her eyes... or her personality. We have lots in common. He's the best."

"You mean her." Elliot corrected.

"Right, oops." Noah chuckled nervously.

"Your hair is still dripping wet." He pointed out.

Noah shook his head from side to side, little specks of water flying everywhere. "There. Can I go now, please?"

"Yes, yes. Go on, kiddo." Elliot shooed.

Noah rushed to his room, pulled on his dress shoes - they're uncomfortable as fuck if you care - and then ran out of his room. He almost reached the door when he remembered something. He sprinted back to his room, snatched the pictures of him and Five off his dresser, and ran back out the door with a quick goodbye to his friend.