Chapter 14

The two teenagers were at the library for around 30 minutes and Noah had already almost finished his bottle, Five had taken a few sips of his bottle but he wasn't drunk. While he was searching for books about physics around the building, Eight was sitting at a wooden table tapping his fingers on it and was engrossed in the echoing sound it made in his drunken state.

He looked around the room for Five but he couldn't see him anywhere. Noah got to his feet and stumbled as he walked through the library. He bumped into a girl around his age, "Fuck, sorry, I didn't really see you there." He muttered, squinting his eyes to see her properly since his head was spinning and really messing him up.

She looked up from the book in her hand, "It's okay." She smiled and scanned his face. "How are you doing?" She asked, trying to make small talk.

Noah, completely oblivious that she found him attractive, shrugged, "Fine as wine." He snickered, looking around the room distractedly.

"What kind of book are you looking for? Maybe we can read together." She offered, leaning against the bookcase.

"Mmm... I'm looking for some... smart books." He nodded, looking literally anywhere but her. He was more interested in how everything was spinning.

"Oh... um, like astrology, physics, science?" The girl asked, confused by how he was acting.

Noah went to walk away from her but as soon as he lifted one foot from the ground he swayed. Just before he fell over, Five grabbed his arm and held him up. Noah turned around and gave him a lazy smile, "My superhero."

Five ignored Noah and glared at the girl, "What are you two talking about?" He questioned, trying to keep his tone even and hiding Noah behind him.

The girl was offended that Five was interrupting their conversation and shot back, "I was just asking if he wanted to read with me, is that a problem?"

"Yes. It is. He doesn't want to talk to you." Five snarled.

"Well, he didn't say that." She pointed out, annoyed with Five. She looked over Five's shoulder and at Noah, "Do you want to come read with me?"

Noah looked at her, "Hm? Oh, um..." He looked up at Five and Five shook his head slightly. Noah looked back at her and smiled, "I'm gay." He blurted stupidly.

Five chuckled, "That works too, I guess." He looked back at the girl and his glare returned, "Still want to keep trying to flirt with him? He's not interested, fuck off."

The girl scoffed and turned on her heel, "He's not attractive, anyways."

Noah didn't seem to hear her and was laughing at a person on the front of a book cover. Five took Noah's hand, "Come on, Noah. I got the books we need and I found a place where no one will interrupt us."

"'Kay." Noah nodded and let Five lead him to a corner where all the books were already set up.

Noah sat on the floor and Five began working on equations in sharpie on the wall. Half an hour passed and Five had given up on the equations and was sitting on the floor with Noah, chugging his bottle of vodka.

Noah stood up, "Let's play charades." He slurred, holding onto the corner of the wall so he didn't fall over.

Five set his bottle down, "Okay." Noah pulled back his elbow and pretended he was shooting a bow. "Sniper? Bow and arrow?"

Noah immediately became impatient and just told Five the answer, "Hawkeye, duh. I thought you were supposed to be smart."

"Okay, okay. My turn." Five told him and got up. Noah sat back down and Five pretended to stub his toe.