Chapter 26

The car quickly stopped and Noah woke up from nearly sliding off the seat. He groaned and pulled the blanket farther over his head again, ready to go back to sleep.

"Sorry." Five apologized, turning the car off.

"Shut the fuck up, let me sleep." He muttered.

"...We're here." Diego pointed out.

"Does it look like I give a shit? Go away, your voice is so annoying."

"My voice is annoying? That's quite mean." Five teased, unbuckling his seatbelt.

Noah peeked out from the blanket and up at his boyfriend, "I didn't mean you."

"No, no, I think you did. That's such a hurtful thing to say to me."

Noah's half-asleep mind couldn't comprehend what was happening as he closed his eyes again, "I- yeah, mhm, okay." He mumbled.

Klaus shoved Noah's feet off his lap, "Okay, let's get this over with."

Noah sat up and rubbed his eyes with his balled-up fists, "Ugh, I'm more tired than before."

"Of course, you are." Five sighed. "Come on, let's go."

They all got out of the car - Noah brought the pillow with him because it felt like he was constantly hugging Five - and walked up the stairs to the house that Harold Jenkins was supposedly in.

The three walked into the house and Noah dropped the pillow on the floor when he saw the man dead on his floor, "Cool!" He exclaimed.

Noah crouched beside the body as everyone else walked in and admired all the knives and sharp objects impaling it. He had an eyepatch on but Noah, of course, took no notice of it. Noah ripped a knife out of Harold's body and turned it around in his hand, looking at it with the highest interest. Five stood beside him, watching over him carefully to make sure he didn't accidentally stab himself as he tried to flip it in his hand just like Diego does.

"It's not exactly what I was expecting," Klaus admitted.

"The understatement of the year." Five huffed.

"No sign of Vanya."

"She definitely killed this Harold dude." Noah chuckled, poking the limp body.

"Don't touch it, gross." Five scolded.

Diego turned on his heel, "Let's get out of here before the cops show up."

Klaus went to follow him but Five stopped them, "In a minute." He pulled the fake eye out of his pocket and crouched down beside Noah.

Five ripped the eyepatch off the dead body and stuck the prosthetic eye in the empty eye socket.

Noah smiled in awe, "This is the best thing to wake up to."

"Come on, Five, what are you..." Diego trailed off.

"Ugh, wow." Klaus chuckled.

Diego gagged and Noah rolled his eyes, "Don't be so dramatic."

"Same eye colour, same pupil size. Guys, this is it." Five informed. "The eye I've been carrying around for decades, it- It's found its rightful home." Five took the eye back out of the head and Noah held his hand out to hold it but Five shook his head and put it back in his pocket.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse." Diego pointed out.

Klaus fake cheered, "Yay! Let's go." He went to leave but Diego grabbed the back of his shirt.

"No, no. Wait, wait. It can't be this easy." Five stood back up and held out a piece of paper while Noah resumed to spinning the knife and trying to flip it. "Look, this is that note that I got from the Commission. The one that says, 'Protect Harold Jenkins,' aka Leonard Peabody."