Chapter 11

TW: Mention of eating disorder and anxiety attack

Five parked the van in front of the Meritech building that they were previously at and sighed. It was nearly 10 am now, Five nearly crashed the van halfway there when Noah yelled for Five to stop because he saw somebody walking an adorable dog. Lance walked up the stairs to the building with a cupholder and 3 coffees in it.

Noah had pulled down his hood on the drive and was staring off into the distance, smiling slightly to himself. Five looked at his friend and narrowed his eyes curiously, "What's so funny?"

Noah looked at him, "Hm? Oh... do you remember when we first became friends?" He asked, his smile only growing. This was his favourite memory to talk about with Five.

Five liked when Noah brought up their old memories, especially how it made the boy so happy. "Of course I do. I could never forget that."

"I loved that day." Noah smiled fondly.

"Can I see?"

"What?" Noah asked in confusion.

"Can I see how you remember it?" Five questioned.

Noah smirked and nodded. He felt Five allow him into his head and Noah showed him the memory. He made sure to show him in a third-person view so he couldn't feel any of Noah's emotions. Five didn't like how it felt to feel other people's emotions. It weirded him out. Especially when it was Noah's emotions that he would feel, he was always feeling an incredible amount of emotion no matter what he was doing.

~

(23 YEARS AGO)

A seven-year-old Noah was sitting in the courtyard on the grass watching his siblings run around playing tag and laughing. Vanya was in her room watching from her window and Five was reading a book under a tree. Pogo watched the children to make sure they weren't getting into any trouble but was mainly eyeing Five and Noah, seeing the way Noah would occasionally glance at the boy. Noah didn't know why, but he wanted to stare at Five for an eternity, it made his stomach feel weird, in a good way.

Klaus ran up to Noah with a big grin and Ben was standing shyly behind him, "Come play with us, Noah!"

"No, it's okay. I don't want to ruin the fun." He informed sadly. Number One made it clear before they went outside that he didn't want him playing.

"Oh, okay." Klaus smiled and ran back to the game without another word.
Noah turned his gaze to Five and watched him read for a few minutes. He looked at Pogo and the chimp nodded in encouragement, knowing what Noah wanted to do. He nervously stood up and shuffled across the yard towards the boy, he stopped in front of him and gave him a small smile, "Hi, I'm Noah."

Without looking up from his book Five responded, "I know who you are. Our rooms are next to each other."

"Do... do you want to play with me?" Noah asked, swinging his foot back and forward and holding his hands behind his back. He wasn't expecting Five to agree, nobody wanted to hang out with him.

He cried for the littlest things, kept to himself most of the time (Mainly from Luther's threats to leave them alone), and was too hyper when people acknowledged him for once. That gave him the place as the 'youngest' sibling, seeing as they all think he's a baby. Except for Ben and Klaus, Klaus was too energetic and carefree to notice how Noah acted and Ben just agreed with anything Klaus thought. Pogo and Grace pitied the poor boy for having no friends so Eight just trailed behind them throughout the day and when Diego was being a mama's boy and Pogo was busy, he would sit in his room talking to himself and playing with toys.