Chapter 22

They parked on the road in front of Harold's house and all got out. Noah was surprised that it was such a nice place, considering that they were in New York and the dude killed his father. When he found out that Harold killed his dad he actually laughed and said good job but got scolded by Five for 5 minutes about that not being a good thing.

Allison shielded her eyes from the sun as they walked, "Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of."

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him." Diego pointed out. "Looked kinda scrawny."

Noah was tempted to hold Five's hand as they made their way towards the house but decided against it, unsure if Five was still mad at him.

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean, look at them." She smirked, nodding her head in the direction of the teenage boys.

"Thanks." Five took it as a complement.

Noah wrapped an arm around his stomach self-consciously, "No, I'm not, don't lie." He stated bitterly.

He watched as Allison separated herself from the group. No one else noticed, "Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked.

They walked up the stone steps of the house, "I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five joked.

Noah chuckled and Diego held up a finger, "Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through-" He turned around and noticed Allison was missing. Five looked around as well and Diego sighed, "You know what? It would be nice for people to just stick to-" Five blinked away. "The plan. Great."

He looked at the door and backed up. Noah opened his mouth to stop Diego but it was too late, he crashed through the window and fell to the floor. Noah pursed his lips as he stood on the other side of the door, staring at his injured brother.

Allison and Five stood over him and looked back at Noah who just shrugged and opened the door.

"Subtle." Allison mused.

"You know the door was unlocked." Five pointed out as he watched Noah step over the glass, shut the door behind him, and lock it with a nod.

"Don't worry, I locked it so nobody can get in after us." Noah smiled.

Diego got up, "Yeah, well, my way works just fine." He panted. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble." He said as he limped away.

"Ah, inspiring leadership." Allison mused.

"One of the greats." Five joked.

Noah wiped an invisible tear, "Such a role model."

Everyone parted ways to search around, Allison went upstairs, Diego went to the kitchen, Five took the dining room, and Noah took the living room but he didn't search it. He watched Five from the doorway that separated the two rooms.

Five felt Noah staring and stopped searching through a china cabinet, "Yes?" He questioned, looking at the boy.

"Are you mad at me?"

Five looked utterly confused, "Huh?"

"Well... I don't know... you seemed mad at me earlier." He shrugged, regretting he even asked. God, why couldn't he just be normal and shake things off?

Five realized what Noah meant and sighed, "No, Noah, I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry, I'm just stressed out. It has nothing to do with you, I promise."

Noah nodded and bit his nail, "Are you sure that you're okay, though? Do you promise to tell me if you ever get hurt?"