Chapter 23

Five, like usual, woke up before Noah and noticed that the pain meds had worn off. Noah was practically laying his whole body on him, his head was on his chest, his arms were wrapped around his torso, and his leg was draped over Five's.

Five quietly groaned in pain and tried to move out from under Noah without waking him, but he was too weak from just waking up to do anything. He sighed in defeat and then he heard Klaus' voice and a bell.

"Wakey, wakey. Eggs and bakey." He sang, walking through the halls. Klaus opened the door, "Five, time to-" He spotted Noah in the bed as well and his jaw dropped. "You and Luther both had eventful nights? Where have I been?"

Five glared at his brother, "Shhh. And no, we did not." He whisper-shouted.

Noah moved in his sleep and ended up more on top of his boyfriend causing Five to hiss in pain. Klaus chuckled and spoke in whispers like he was told, "He either sleeps through nothing or everything."

Five looked down at the sleeping boy and nodded, "You may actually be right for once. But seriously, leave us alone."

"Alright, alright. I just wanted to tell you breakfast is ready and we have coffee." Klaus informed, waving the bell in the air.

"Stop with the bell, Klaus. You'll wake him up and then we'll both be dead." He thought for a second. "Noah and I will be down... whenever he wakes up." Five shrugged.

Klaus nodded, "Okay, no dilly-dallying." And then he shut the door.

Five sighed and began to subconsciously run his hands through Noah's hair as he waited for him to wake up.

After a bit, Noah groaned and pressed his face closer into Five's chest, "Close the damn curtains." He grumbled, his voice barely audible.

"Nope. Sorry, Noah, but we have to get up now." Five told him.

"No, fuck you."

"Noah."

"Bitch."

"Come on."

He received no answer signalling that Noah had passed out again and Five shook him lightly. Eight rolled off of Five and turned his back to him, pulling the covers over his head, "Stop it. Let me sleep." He whined.

"Please, love. I need coffee." He pleaded, trying his best to sound desperate.

"Then go get it."

"Okay, I won't be coming back to bed." Five shrugged and slowly sat up, trying not to show he was in pain.

"I don't care. Do whatever you want, I ain't getting up any time today." Noah muttered.

Five painfully made his way out of bed, "Sure. I'll see you tomorrow then, I guess." He left the room and shut the door behind him but he never walked away, he knew Noah would change his mind.

Noah lasted thirty seconds before opening his eyes and growing desperate for human contact again. He sat up and looked around the room before quickly getting to his feet, "Wait, no, no, no, I'll go." He said quietly to himself.

He didn't know where he left his shoes earlier that night and he didn't really care enough to look for them. He rushed over to the door in just his socks but before he made it, he slipped and was launched forwards. As he was falling he hit his head on the door handle and then face-planted on the hardwood floors.

Tears of agony quickly leaked down his face, "Ow, fuck!" He yelled in pain, sitting up.

Five flung open the door and stared at Noah in shock, "What the fuck happened?"