Chapter 5

(17 YEARS AGO)

The children all stood at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for Vanya to blow the whistle and Reginald to finish writing. He was making them race up the stairs, apparently, it was to 'Enhance their strengths.' But Noah thought that that was complete bullshit.

He glanced at Five, "Imma beat your pathetic ass, y'know."

Five scoffed and the two looked at each other, both smiling with a playful glare, "Oh yeah? We'll see about that."

Noah crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes, "Wanna bet?"

"Depends. How much you got?"

" 'round 15." Noah shrugged.

Five thought for a moment, "Deal. May the best one win." He smiled smugly.

The whistle sounded and all seven siblings sprinted up the stairs, Luther, of course, took the lead, Diego wasn't far behind and everyone else was in a group, shoving and pushing each other. Noah pushed Five into a wall and laughed as he passed everyone that was behind Luther and Diego. Diego finally managed to pass Luther. Noah felt a pulsing in the back of his head, he knew it was Five allowing him in his head, he did so and waited for him to say whatever snarky thing he had planned.

"If I bring you with me past the others, can we cut off the bet?" Five asked.

Noah scoffed and laughed airly, he replied telepathically, "Is it cause I'm winning?"

"No. It's not. Now, yes or no?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

Five blinked in front of him a second later and grabbed his hand, the two blinked in front of everyone and ran up the stairs as fast as they could, still hand-in-hand.

"That's not fair, Five and Noah cheated!" Diego complained.

"They adapted." Reginald stated in monotone.

Noah looked over his shoulder beaming, "Yeah, bitches! We adapted!"

"Come on, Noah." Five groaned, tugging the boy's arm, trying to get him to speed up so he didn't slow them both down.

"Oof." Noah exhaled when he was lunged forward. The two reached the top and Noah watched his siblings over the rails while they struggled, "Fucking slow pokes. Eh, Reg?" He chuckled, nudging his father in the side. Reginald glared down at the boy and Eight put his hands up in surrender and backed away with a smile.

Everyone reached the top and Number Eight skipped over to them with Five right by his side with his usual set face and his arms crossed. Noah patted Luther on his shoulder, "How does it feel to lose to a moron and dumbass?"

"You cheated." He grumbled.

Five narrowed his eyes, "We did not. I'm just more advanced than you. And Noah's... Noah is just Noah but you get the point. We are just simply better than you."

Luther stormed over to Reginald with pursed lips, "Five is being annoying again."

Reginald looked down at him with an unamused expression. Noah stood behind Luther, "Stop being a sissy little bitch, Luther. It doesn't look good on you. Oh, wait. Nothing looks good on you." He leaned closer and whispered in a low, threatening voice so that only Luther and Reginald could hear him, "You can make fun of me all you want, but don't you fucking dare call Five names. Only I can do that. He's not annoying, and far from. Now, don't speak to either of us unless it's something nice. Understand?"

Luther turned his head to look at him, "Sure." He snarled.

Noah plastered his usual bright smile on his face and looked over his shoulder. Five was leaning against the wall in the far corner with his arms crossed and eyes closed. Noah looked back to Luther and his father still smiling, "Good talk, brother. See you at supper." He turned on his heel and ran over to Five. Number One and Reginald watched as Noah snuck up on Five and scared him. Five swore and slapped him atop the head, Noah groaned and kicked Five in the chin as hard as he could.