Chapter 29

The siblings all ran up the stairs of the building, hurrying to get to Vanya. They could hear the faint sound of the orchestra as they jogged up the steps. Noah skipped a couple of stairs to get ahead of everyone but as soon as he tried to skip 3 stairs, his foot missed the edge of the step and he slipped backward, completely losing his balance. "Shit!" He shouted as he fell toward the ground. He rolled down a couple of steps, nearly knocking down Diego and Klaus in the process, and screamed the whole way down. He groaned once he hit the bottom and everyone stopped running up the stairs to look at him.

"You okay?" Diego questioned.

He grunted in response, dusted off his pants, and ran back up the stairs as if nothing had happened. "Slowpokes!" He yelled over his shoulder, with a light chuckle. Once he reached the top, he cheered for himself and bowed.

Everyone rolled their eyes - except Klaus who whined at the fact he 'lost' - and they ran up as well. Luther led the way and went to go into the room where the concert was held but Allison put a hand on his chest and stopped him. Everyone else stopped running towards the room as well and gave the two impatient looks.

She held up her notebook, 'I NEED TO GO ALONE.' It read.

"Allison, I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning." Luther pointed out.

"You hear the music?" Diego snapped. "It's started."

Luther ignored his brother, "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

"We don't have time for this." Klaus hurried.

"Do you want to die?" Noah asked incredulously.

Luther gave in and nodded, "Okay."

Allison turned on her heel and ran up the last flight of stairs to get to her sister. Everyone watched her go and Noah tilted her head in confusion. Why were they letting her do this, again?

"You're using her as a distraction, aren't you?" Diego clarified. Oh.

"It's our best chance to incapacitate Vanya." Luther sighed.

"Oh." Klaus sighed in realization.

"She'll thank us later."

The four boys began heading the way Allison went, slowly going up the stairs to give the woman a bit of time. "So, what's the plan?" Klaus questioned.

"Uh, you two wait out front," Luther muttered, not even looking at them.

"What?" Klaus and Noah said in sync.

Luther looked over his shoulder, "Yeah, you're the lookouts."

"The lookouts?" They questioned at the same time again.

Diego and Luther walked out of sight and Noah stomped his foot in anger and crossed his arms, "No fair! I don't want to be the shitty lookout!" He whined.

Klaus sighed and solemnly made his way to the exit, Noah trailing behind with a bitter look. "Do you want burritos? I saw a food truck outside." Klaus offered, turning around to face his brother.

Noah's face lit up for a second but then slowly dropped once he thought about it more, "No, thanks. I'm fine."

"Oh, come on. We're gonna die soon, anyways. Don't you wanna have some good food before you die?" Klaus nudged him playfully.

He heard Ben's voice beside him, "Go ahead. No one's stopping you. No one is going to judge you. It's just us."

Noah ran a hand through his hair in thought and then slowly nodded, "Alright, alright. I suppose." He sighed.