Chapter 10

When Five and Noah reached his room, Noah flopped on the bed in exhaustion and pulled Five's pillow over his head. Five winced and looked at his arm, he would have to stitch that up. Noah looked up at Five, "You good?"

"Yeah, just a little scratch." Five lied.

Noah chuckled, "You big baby." He teased.

"Oh, please. You would be crying if you got what I have." Five shot, playfully rolling his eyes.

Noah sat up and put a hand to his heart in offence, "How dare you! I would not."

Five corrected himself, "Sorry, sorry... you would be in so much pain that you would be laughing hysterically 'cause it's a serious situation."

Noah was about to rebuke Five's statement but nodded in agreement, "Yeah, that's probably true."

Five snickered, "I know."

Noah ran a hand over his face, "Can we sleep now?"

Five thought for a moment, "...I suppose."

Noah smiled lazily, "Yes. Now, lay your ass down." He ordered.

"Why do you need me?" Five questioned, he only agreed to Noah sleeping so that he could stitch up his arm without the boy noticing.

"Cause I can't sleep without you," Noah admitted.

"You've been doing it for 17 years."

"No." Noah denied.

Five gave him a look, "So you didn't sleep for a whole 17 years? That's got to be a world record." Five joked.

"Just... please. I don't have nightmares when I sleep with you." He whined. Five forgot about Noah's nightmares. Were they really still a problem?

Five nodded, "Fine. But only 'till you fall asleep. And you'll have to get up in a couple of hours, so don't get mad at me when I wake you up."

Noah looked at the clock on Five's wall, "You will not be waking me up at 3 am!"

"I will. Or you could just stay awake for a whole other day." Five suggested.

"Sleep." Noah decided quickly and lay down. He pulled the covers over himself and looked at Five expectantly, "You coming?"

"Yeah, just a second." Five told him. He walked out of his room and to the bathroom down the hall, Five shut the door and locked it. He took off his blazer and rolled up his sleeve to look at the bullet wound. He winced, quickly cleaned it off, and put folded toilet paper over it so he could sort of control the amount of blood gushing out. He quickly rushed back to the bedroom and Noah was sitting up in bed, zoning out at the floor, this was a usual thing for him to do. Five shut the door and sat down on the bed, Noah felt the bed sink and looked up in surprise.

Eight looked at Five and gave him a small smile, "Hey."

"Hi." Five greeted back, chuckling lightly.

Noah turned all the way around and sat on his knees, staring at Five. Five scanned his face and remembered all the things about Noah that he realized when they were kids. The way that when  Noah smiles it will make all your worries dissipate but he always needs it more than anyone else to get a simple act of kindness.

His face and eyes told a completely different story, his face was usually excited and ill-fated but if you really looked at him and past his gleeful smile, you could tell that he was hurting.

Noah was sensitive... he remembered every little negative thing you would call him or say about his appearance. Noah became self-conscious at such a young age and it affected Five as well, having to take care of his best friend and make sure nobody said anything partially damaging to him. But he didn't mind having that job. He cared for Noah and would keep his job for an eternity if he could.