Chapter 36

The two boys walked into the asylum and Noah already had a name tag sitting at the front desk, waiting for him. "Hey, Marie." He smiled kindly. Marie always had the afternoon shifts so Noah saw her every day, she had begun to get a warm spot for him.

Marie looked over at Five and then raised a brow at Noah. "Oh, um, he's family... that's okay, right?" He questioned, nervously fidgeting with his fingers.

"Name?" Marie asked, a deadpan expression pasted on her face.

"Five Hargreeves, ma'am." Five answered, giving her a slight nod.

"Hmph." She grabbed another name tag and wrote down his name. She handed it to him and gave Noah a nod, knowing that he knew the way by now.

As the two walked down the hall, Noah chuckled, "Damn, she didn't even make you sign that big booklet of shit. I did. I wanted to die. It was torture."

"Maybe I got in the cause of my looks." Five shrugged, smugly.

Noah scoffed, "Whatever you wanna believe." He joked.

Five's jaw dropped, a tone of fake offence in his voice, "Rude."

Noah opened the door to the room he had practically claimed as his. He gave his usual bright smile to the guard who followed them in and stood in the corner. The guard never smiled back, though. Noah didn't take offence, he thought it was kind of funny.

They sat down at the table and waited patiently. Noah smiled excitedly as he heard the footsteps of Diego and the other guard draw closer. He couldn't wait to see his brother's reaction to Five returning.

"Hey, man-" Diego greeted, but he cut himself off the second he saw the extra person. "Five.." He gaped.

"Hey, Diego." Five greeted.

"Hi! Look who's back!" Noah beamed, gesturing to his boyfriend.

Diego returned the same energy, "Yeah, that's awesome, dude." He sat down and his cheerful personality left once he laid his eyes on Five. He wanted him to know that he was pissed.

"You look good in white." Five stated sarcastically.

Diego ignored him. "About time you showed up."

"How'd you know I'd be back?"

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull. Besides, Noah was confident that you'd return soon."

Five glanced over at Noah and chuckled lightly, "Of course he did. Now, do you know where the others are?"

"They're not with you?"

Five sighed, "We'll find them. How long have you been here?"

"Seventy-five days." Diego snarled. "Landed in the alley behind-"

"Commerce and Knox." The three boys spoke in sync.

Diego nodded. "You?"

"Got here this morning."

There was a long silence as they all stared at each other, no longer knowing what to say. Of course, Noah was the one to break it. "I tied a spatula to my dick and tried to flip pancakes with it." He blurted out quickly. He was uncomfortable with long silences.

Five furrowed his brows and slowly turned his head to look at his boyfriend. "What... the actual fuck..."

Diego sighed and leaned forward, changing his voice to a whisper, making the boys have to lean forward to hear him. "Listen, I've been shaving down the bars of my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place, then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word." He smirked.