Chapter 35

"when the night was full of terrors and your eyes were filled with tears. when you had not touched me yet... oh, take me back to the night we met."

~

Five awoke to the sound of Noah murmuring and whimpering in his sleep. He groaned at the feeling of his sore back from the way he slept and then looked down at the boy, softly touching his shoulder to wake him from what he assumed was a bad dream. "Hey, Noah-"

Eights eyes shot open and the second he felt the hand on him, he tried to scramble out of the bed. "No! No, no, no!" He cried. "Please don't! Not again!" He went straight to the corner of the room and crouched down, pushing his forehead into his knees and holding his head, squeezing his eyes shut tight. "No, no, no." He repeatedly whispered to himself, his whole body shaking.

Five stared in panic, having no idea what was wrong. He got out of bed and hurried over to Noah. "Noah, it's me. It's okay. Calm down." Five spoke softly, his hands hovering above him. He didn't know what was happening at all.

"He- he..." Noah whispered, his breathing speeding up. "Touched." Was all he managed to get out before his breaths started coming out uneven and heavy.

"It's okay, it's okay. You're safe. Breathe, Noah. In through your nose, then out through your mouth. I'll do with you, eh? Cmon, Noah, you're okay. Breathe, love." Five started slowly inhaling through his nose and then exhaling from his mouth. He patiently repeated it for a few minutes until he heard Noah do the same and his breathing regulated.

Noah immediately broke out into tears once he got ahold of his breathing. "Five." He sobbed into his knees.

"It's okay, Noah. I'm right here."

He looked up at him, though it was difficult to see through his tears, and then flung himself into Five for another hug. "I'm scared. He's gonna come find me. He's gonna want more." He wailed, his voice shaking.

"Who? Who, Noah?"

"The-the man."

Five's face contorted in anger and disgust. "What the fuck did he do to you." He had a pretty strong guess of what happened from what Noah had said earlier but he didn't want to believe it. He was revolted by the idea.

Noah just cried harder into Five's shoulder, the thought of it making his stomach twist with anxiety. "Please. Don't leave me alone, please." He begged.

"I'm not leaving, I swear. Not again. Never again."

Five gave him all the time he needed to calm down, being completely understanding. He felt sick at idea of what happened to him. His job is to protect Noah, and he failed. He won't fail him ever again.

After about fifteen minutes, Noah stopped crying and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. His head was pounding, the headache from crying so much, finally settling in.

He lifted his head off Five's shoulder and scooted backwards. "I'm okay." He reassured before Five could even ask. They sat in silence for a second, Noah felt quite awkward, he hadn't seen Five in three years... "Wait... when did you get here? Have you seen the others? Are they with you?" He questioned.

"I got here this morning and no, I haven't seen any of them yet." Five responded.

He stared at him for a second. "You came to find me first...?" He asked in disbelief.

Five raised a brow, "Well, of course. You were the first thing I thought of when I arrived. You're my boyfriend, Noah. My first priority. Always and forever." He smiled.

Noah forgot how well Five treated him. It made him feel loved. He hasn't felt that in quite some time. He felt happier.

"I love you." Noah whispered.

"I love you too."

"I love you more."

Five chuckled, "Wow, I highly doubt that but okay."

The two sat on the floor catching up on what Noah has been doing with Elliot, he didn't tell Five how long he was here though. For nearly half an hour Five listened to Noah go on about the fun things he did, until Five remembered the new apocalypse that followed them here.

"Shit, we have to find the others." He interrupted.

"Oh... Well, I know where Diego is." Noah informed.

Five smirked, "Great."

(WORDS: 755)

AN: Hello beautiful people!
Sorry that it's a short chapter, I just wanted to write a bit.
I love you all so muchhh <3

-ash :)