•20• Prepping

Alexa, play Prom Queen by Beach Bunny~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

"Stop!" I yell throwing a piece of paper at Fabiola. Her and Devi were arguing about one of the things for homecoming. "We need to focus"

"This sucks" Eleanor sighs throwing herself on to the bed. She's not lying, being in charge of homecoming is awful. There is so many things you need. I can't even keep up.

I take the folder with all of the themes we wrote down and hand them one. The best thing to do at this point is cross them out one by one.

"So, already I think we should get rid of this one" I point at the one on the bottom. It's an under the stars theme. It's cute. But we did it last year apparently.

"What about robots-"

"FAB" Devi yells, making us burst into laughter.

"I was just suggesting" Fab makes a mock sad face, while crossing it out. There is a bunch of ideas on the paper but I can't find one that stands out.

"Olivia!" My aunt yells, I hear a set of footsteps coming up the stairs, followed by more. "Yes?"

The door opens, my aunt stands there as Paxton and Ben walk in. They had bags full of stuff, I'm not sure what.

"Hey babe" Paxton smiles, setting the bags down on the bed. Ben does the same then goes and sits next to Devi.

"We brought snacks and drinks" Ben says, handing Devi one. "Thanks ba- um Ben" Devi stutters, we all look at her. we know what she said but none of us say anything.

"I didn't even know you and Ben were friends" I say to Paxton. "I don't mean that in a bad way! I just didn't know you guys were" I add, Ben just laughs.

"We weren't but, I've had to ask him for advice a couple of times"

"Yeah, he's chill" Paxton answers. We spend a little while talking about what's going on in our lives and our parents etc.

Apparently Nalini wants Devi to move back to India but she clearly doesn't want to. Fabiola is having a hard time coming out to her family and Ben.. he didn't say much but his parents aren't around usually. We knew that already.

"Why don't you guys try the masquerade theme?" Ben asks.

"It's too cliché" I reply, crossing it out. I've seen so many schools do a masquerade ball. I want to be different and unique.