•26• Visiting

Alexa play, Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur

~~~~~~~~

Shit. I lift my head up off the desk, I was sleeping in class for the third time today. Thankfully it's my last period so I get to head straight to the hospital to see Olivia.

I've been visiting her everyday for the past week. The doctors still have no idea about her being in a coma, but they're doing more tests or something like that.

"Paxton! Next time will be a write up" the teacher snaps here fingers in front of my face. Whatever.

"Ok." Is all I say, leaning back in my chair, trying to pay attention to what she's teaching.

'Yeah I heard she's basically dead'

"Good" I hear zoe say, I roll my eyes, ignoring her. She's trying to make me mad and honestly it's not going to work.

"Maybe I can finally get with Paxton" she whispers loud enough for me to hear. I laugh a little crossing my arms while keeping my eyes on the board.

"What's so funny cutie" she asks. I ignore her once again. She sighs in frustration and hits her desk a little, causing the teacher to glare at her.

"Miss Maytag!"

I laugh a little as Mrs. Green goes to Zoe's desk to lecture her. She gives her attitude and flips her off, next thing I know she's storming out the door with her book bag thrown over her shoulder.

"Anyone else want to go the principals office?"

"No Ma'am" Trent says leaning back in his seat. She nods her head and goes back to the lesson.

When the last class dismissed I quickly head over to my locker to put my things away. hopefully I get to the hospital soon, her aunt texted me telling me they have an update on Olivia.

"Paxton! hey can we talk" Zoe yells coming over to me. I roll my eyes, slamming my locker.

"No. Im busy"

"please, I know you hate me but I just wanted to apologize" she exclaims. I look at her dumbfounded, not knowing if I should believe that.

"Ok." I shrug, waiting for the apology.

"Look, I know I can never be with you and Ive acted really mean to uh-"

"Olivia?" I finish the word that she seemed to be choking on. she knows her name but yet shes here still being the same old Zoe.

"yea her.. Im really sorry for everything and I hope she gets better" She smiles softly and I nod, walking away. I'm not gonna forgive her that easily, I mean I appreciate the apology but no thanks.

-

I take the elevator up to her room, basically running to it. Her aunt and uncle are standing by her bed crying.

"What's going on?" I stand beside them looking at Olivia, she has a couple more things hooked up to her than before.

"The d- doctors say she's probably not going to make it, that we should start making big decisions on if we want- t- to pull her off"

"No.. NO!"

I fall to my knees, grabbing her hand into mine, kissing it while tears fall from my face. I love you too much to let you go.

Suddenly I feel an arm wrap around me while someone kneels next to me. It's her aunt, she's crying as well but comforting me at the same time.

"I'm- sorry I just-"

"Paxton.. it's okay, I know you love her and she loves you sweetheart" she puts a hand on my back and squeezes my hand before getting back up. 

I look at Olivia's bruised face, gently placing my hand on her cheek. I know you still have fight in you baby..

Click. The sound of the door closing gently has me turning my head, it's the doctor.

"Have you guys made a decision" he asks, he's being really pushy for some reason but I shake it off. He's got a clipboard in hand, I assume paperwork for her aunt.

"Yes we have" they say in unison, I stand up and look at them. We have most definitely not.

"Alright" he looks through his papers and then to them. "What are we doing"

"If she's not better by next week... we'll do it" They look at each other.

"WHAT?!"

——————————<3
I lowkey hated this one ✋🏼😔 I hate the way I wrote it but I had writers block so this is the best I can do for now.

Peace out loves- Emi🦋