•34• Mall

Alexa play, Bad Girls by M

Alexa play, Bad Girls by M.I.A
~~~~~~~~

"I told you to wear sunscreen, you didn't listen" Devi complains to Ben, while I finished curling her hair.

Yesterday was pretty fun, besides the fact that some of us were dumb and didn't put on sunscreen (aka Ben). We spent pretty much all day at the beach, which definitely made me sleep great afterwards.

I don't know what it is about naps after you've been in the sun or swimming all day but it just hits different.

"Will you guys stop bickering like old people?" I exclaim, looking between the both of them.

"If he would've just-"

"shut up.." i drag out, heading for the door. Devi dramatically sighs but follows me downstairs along with Ben.

We walk through the living room past my aunt who's paying absolutely no attention to us and through the front door.

After we get to my car and a few minutes of them arguing outside of it we finally head out. If they keep arguing like they do I swear I'm gonna leave them there.

"So, is Paxton coming or is it just us?" Ben asks, in attempt to fill the silence around us.

"He'll meet us there later, he's doing some college applications"

"Oh. Im so glad I have another year before all that, it just seems stressful" Devi smiles but quickly stops when she looks at me through the mirror.

"What?" I ask, keeping my eyes focused on the road.

"You're a senior.." She says quietly. "Which means you're leaving to college soon too"

I sit there for a minute not saying anything, I've been so stressed and busy that I haven't even thought about that. I haven't even sat down to apply for any colleges yet.

And I'm gonna be leaving all my friends soon, probably even Paxton.. there's no chance we'll go to the same college.

"I don't want my bestie to leave.." She says. "It won't be the same without you here"

"Well then I guess we have to make the rest of my time here worth it" I smile.

-

When we got to the mall it was super packed, as usual. I mean it's the weekend so of course, but like on a Sunday?

"I can't believe I'm letting you guys drag me around this big ass place" Ben says from the other side of Devi. We were walking side by side through the double doors that led into the food court.