Ten

"Are you sure you want me to come in with you?" Kacchan asked as we sat in the waiting room. It was officially time for my next appointment, where I would get a new expiration date.

"You don't have to." I smiled. I wanted him to be there, but I wasn't going to ask him to listen to the information about his husband dying. I don't know what I would do if the roles were reversed.

"I want to, I just wanted to make sure you were okay with me being there." He said, bringing my hand up to his lips.

"Deku, he's ready for you." The receptionist said loudly from behind the desk. I nodded toward her before standing up, pulling Kacchan with me.

"He doesn't come to grab you?" Kacchan asked as I pulled him down the hallway.

"Only if I'm having a bad day." I informed. "We use the hero room on the first floor, so I know where I'm going." I shrugged. He nodded as we walked down the deserted hallway. I always appreciated that they had a separate wing for heroes. It made my life a hell of a lot easier. I released Kacchan's hand when we walked through the open door to the room.

"There's my favorite patient!" Doctor Hishari said with a wide smile.

"As much as you see me, I hope I'm your favorite." I laughed.

"Who's this?" He asked, looking to Kacchan. He obviously knew he was the Pro Hero, Dynamight. That's not what he was asking. He was asking who he was to me.

"This is my husband, Katsuki Bakugo." I smiled.

"Oh, nice to officially meet you." My doctor said, extending his hand toward Kacchan.

"Likewise." He mumbled, shaking his hand. I took a seat on the bed while Kacchan sat in the chair in the corner.

"Alright." The doctor said, pinning my scans to the light on the wall. "Everything has been progressing a little further, but it still hasn't reached your heart or lungs." He began explaining. I glanced at Kacchan to see if he was okay. He looked a little sad, but he didn't look like he was going to break down and start punching stuff, so I turned my attention back to the doctor.

"Still progressing at the same speed?" I asked, not bothering to look at the scans. All I needed to know was how much time I had left.

"Yes." He said, turning the light off that held my scans. "Have you had any major shortness of breath recently? Any days that kept you in bed?" He asked.

"I had a bad day last week, but I was able to move a little." I shrugged.

"You haven't had one since then?" He asked, scribbling something down on his clipboard.

"No." I responded. He turned to Kacchan, silently asking him if I was lying. Kacchan shook his head. "Expiration date?" I asked, drawing his attention back to me.

"I really wish you wouldn't call it that." He said with a heavy sigh.

"I really wish I wasn't dying." I seethed. Every time I stepped into this room, my whole demeanor changed. It's not that I hated my doctor, I actually really liked him. I hated the reason I had to be here, though.

"Nine months." He said with a sigh. "You're still capable of hero work, but you can't push yourself. Every time you push yourself, you'll shorten your life span."

"I know." I replied as he handed me the clipboard.

"Percentage of being revived without complications?" I asked, signing my name at the bottom.

"Eighty-five." He replied. I checked the correct box before handing the clipboard back to him.

"I have another form that you might want to change." He said, clicking on something on his computer.