Repercussions

"Hiding any sickness that could affect your work must be filed with the Hero Safety Commissions." Taiko slammed his hands on the table. The table in my home. "To not notify us is against the contract that you signed."

"It's not affecting me hero work!" I defended. I got woke up by a pounding on my door at seven this morning. Well, Uraraka woke me up when it woke her up. She's in my room, sleeping on the floor currently. Now, the president of the Hero Safety Commissions, along with several pros and my doctor, are standing around my kitchen.

"Cancer doesn't affect your hero work?" He scoffed. "It doesn't make you sick, dizzy, lightheaded, or anything else."

"It does, but I've done a damn good job at countering it." I replied.

"What happens when you're on patrol and counter a villain? What if you get sick and aren't fighting at your full capability?" Endeavor asked. He, like everyone else, seems beyond angry.

"I won't go out if I'm not feeling well. I'll never jeopardize my life or anyone else's life like that." I informed. "I'm not an idiot. I know my capabilities. I know my limits."

"May I intervene?" My doctor asked, laying my file on the table.

"Yeah." Taiko said. "You can explain why you didn't report this earlier yourself. You are required by law to do so."

"I'm required by law to report it when it would affect his safety or the safety of others." He said, laying my scans on the table. "I diagnosed him five years and three months ago. He's been seeing me regularly, and I feel he can still do his job. We have both done everything we are supposed to do. He's still doing wonderful at taking care of himself and working. You guys didn't need to know yet because it wasn't a problem."

"Well, we do know." Taiko said cynically. "And so does the rest of the world."

"I'll do a press conference." I shrugged. "I'll admit it and tell them the truth. Yes, I have cancer. Yes, I am going to die. However, I'm not dead yet, and I will spend every ounce of energy I have to protect everyone. I am still capable of doing my job."

"You think anything you say will calm the world down?" Aizawa asked. "We had to come here because your building is surrounded. There was no way you were going to push yourself through the four blocks of reporters outside. It's a goddamn mess out there. You got in the top ten heroes, and someone told the world you have cancer."

"I'm not giving up!" I shouted. "I'm still capable of working, and that's what I'm going to do! When it gets to the point where I can't work anymore, I will notify you. Until then, I will keep working!"

"Your hero license is suspended upon further investigation." Kaito said sternly.

"That's not fair!" I yelled, standing up. The chair flew back, tipping over. "You can't do that!"

"I said suspended, not revoked." He let out a heavy sigh. "It's suspended for one week while we continue investigating and figuring out what to make of this mess. You must get out of the city and let things cool down."

"Leave?" I scoffed. "You want me to leave? When Tsu tried to leave, she was murdered." I scowled.

"Everyone knew she was leaving based on a previous interview she did. You won't tell anybody." He said. "You'll pack a bag and get out of the city for a week so things can cool down. You will do a press conference when you come back. After that, you and your doctor are both going to send me weekly updates about your cancer. You will retire and your license will be revoked as soon as you are not fit to continue working." He wasn't asking me anymore, he was telling me. I didn't have a say in this matter.