The Greatest Betrayal

"It's urgent." I pleaded.

"Let me give him a heads up that you're coming." Nezu sighed while reaching for his phone.

"No, you can't." I replied quickly. I didn't want to tell Nezu the truth until I talked to him, but he was making it pretty damn hard.

"Midoriya, what's this about?" Nezu asked with a heavy sigh.

"I can't tell you yet; you just have to trust me."

Nezu studied my face for a moment before letting out a nervous sigh. "You really think he has something to do with these killings?" He asked quietly.

"I never said that." I replied quickly. I've been careful about everything I've said so far. How did he come to that conclusion?

"You didn't." He confirmed. "But the rage in your eyes did." He paused for a moment before asking his next question. "How sure are you that it's him?"

"100% positive." I frowned. I tried thinking of someone else, but he's the only person that made sense. Every clue we've ever gathered. Every killing. Everything makes sense.

"Should I call the commissions?" Nezu asked. "You're going to need backup."

"Go ahead." I shrugged. "But keep it small and don't raise any alarms."

"He should still be in his classroom. The hero course had a test today. He's probably still grading them." I let out a sigh of relief as I stood from the chair. Luckily, I was feeling a lot better after my appointment earlier today. If I weren't, this wouldn't go well.

"Thank you," I whispered before leaving his office and stepping into the hallway.

I was hit with nostalgia as I walked down the hallway. I spent the best few years of my life in these very halls. Granted, it would have been better if Shigaraki hadn't tried to kill me every other day. But I wasn't sick. I wasn't the number ten hero. All of the people I loved were still alive.

It seemed like so long ago that I was in this school, learning how to be the best hero I could possibly be. My brain was on autopilot as I moved through the school to my destination. When I reached the door to my old classroom, it was still wide open. I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves before putting on my game face. It's now or never.

I stood in the doorway, silently watching Aizawa grading a stack of papers. He looked exhausted, completely worn out. I guess I would be too, if I were living a double life. I gently tapped my knuckles against the open door, forcing him to turn away from his papers.

"Midoriya?" He questioned with a sad smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Do you have a few minutes to talk?" I asked with a sad tone as I walked into the room. I couldn't come off and accuse him right off the bat. I had to stall a little to have a better backup if things went south.

"Yeah, take a seat." He gestured to the rows of empty desks in front of him. "I tried calling a few times after the commissions gave your phone back, but I never got an answer." If he's about to say he's sorry for my loss when he's the one that murdered my husband, screw waiting for the commissions. I will strangle him right here and now.

"I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone," I frowned while taking the closest seat to the front of his desk. I fit in this desk more now than I did when I was a student here. I didn't realize how much weight and muscle I had lost until now.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"My husband and most of the people I was close to got brutally murdered, but I'm surviving. Well, surviving for now, anyway. I'm in my last month." I informed.